MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a highly motivated individual with proven experience and skills successfully architecting, implementing and employing embedded software/firmware solutions to serve as an Embedded Software Engineer A successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing efficient parallel computing algorithms and software solutions across heterogeneous platforms. Such software requires working with a variety of interface technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, Ethernet, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, RS-232/422/485, I2C, GPIO, and FPGAs, as well as optimized libraries such as CUDA, OpenCV and OpenCL. Software developed will be hosted on both general purpose and embedded computing platforms running either Linux or Windows.
- Actively design, develop and employ near real time algorithms using parallel programming and embedded technologies (e.g., GPUs, multi-cores, FPGAs)
- Evaluate algorithm performance and recommend the most appropriate parallel programming and embedded technologies for implementation
- Participate in the architecture design of complex embedded sensor and signal processing functions hosted within COTS, GOTS and custom electronic hardware consisting of both CPU and FPGA hardware resources. Architectures must support very high bandwidth data ingest, data manipulation, storage and system housekeeping functions with deterministic performance
- Develop software and firmware source code in C/C++ and other languages to instantiate the capabilities required of the chosen architecture
- Perform both simulation and Hardware-In-The-Loop testing to validate designs and code for robust and reliable performance
- Work closely with Software Engineers and Electrical Engineers to diagnose faults and rapidly identify/repair the root cause.
- Develop presentation materials to summarize designs for both peer and general technical audiences
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or applicable engineering or science field
- Five or more years’ experience
- Experience with FPGA Development (Xilinx preferred)
- Strong Object-Oriented design and development skills
- Strong multi-threaded / multi-core / concurrent programming skills
- Experience / expertise in video and image processing, preferably utilizing optimized libraries such as OpenCV and / or OpenCL
- Experience in working with medium to high complexity hardware/software systems
- Experience with Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and/or Interface Description Documents (IDDs)
- Experience with US Army Ground Combat Vehicle System Electronics Hardware and Software
- Experience with a variety of DoD (e.g., WMI, DSTAT, JAUS, CoT, ISA) and standard (UDP, Multicast, TCP, protobuf, XML, CAN) data transfer and network protocols/frameworks
- Experience with HDL Code Development (VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog)
- Experience/expertise employing complex data structures (e.g., queues, stacks, maps, dictionaries, lists, vectors, iterators, sets)
- Experience/expertise employing industry accepted programming constructs/practices (e.g., thread pools, abstract class implementations, unit testing, concurrency)
- Experience/expertise with various programming and scripting languages (e.g., C, C#/.NET, Python)
- Experience/expertise designing and developing GUIs
- Experience/expertise in Linux Systems & Network Administration
- Cross platform (Linux, Windows) software development experience
- Hardware and software system integration experience/expertise
- Experience/expertise with various IDEs (e.g., Visual Studio, Eclipse, Emacs), code repository software (e.g., Subversion, git), software project management and collaboration solutions (e.g., Redmine, Trac, & JIRA), and bug reporting/tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, Tuleap) and automated testing frameworks (e.g., BuildBot & Jenkins)
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer