MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ seeks Systems Engineers with a DHS clearance in Northern Virginia to join our team. Contribute diverse technical and engineering support for telecommunications systems contained within our client’s portfolios throughout the entire system life cycle. This cradle-to-grave support includes requirements definition, design, evaluation, testing, and maintenance of communications systems, designs, processes, interfaces, infrastructure, and supporting processes. Travel will be required once or twice a month to stations on the southwest and other borders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with broadband communications networks such as fiber-optics, Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, Long-Term Evolution (LTE), and Cellular 4G; narrowband communications networks for systems such as unattended ground sensors (UGS); wide-band wireless communications systems such as microwave; and air-to-ground communications for airborne surveillance platforms.
- Conduct spectrum management and studies for communications and surveillance sensors and frequencies.
- Monitor network service requests for services from DHS-CBP OneNet or similar commercial services.
- Conduct geospatial view-shed and line-of-sight (LOS) path engineering of communications and surveillance sensors.
- Handle agent-centric land mobile radio and relays and sensor to communication integration and interfaces.
- Support National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) compliance and documentation development and analysis.
- Analyze performance impacts and requirements development of communication systems.
- Model and simulate communication system predicted performance.
- Ensure system design is accurately portrayed.
- Active DHS clearance.
- Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: Network architecture, Regulatory standards, Radio frequency, Spectrum management, Transmission.
- Previous work with CBP’s Integrated Fixed Tower (IFT), Remove Video Surveillance Systems (RVSS), Mobile and Agent-Centric Systems (MACS), and/or Field Surveillance Services (FSS) portfolios is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience and a Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline; or 12+ years and a Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in MS Office, team player with positive attitude.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Relevant certification in engineering or systems from a recognized credentialing agency—e.g., Registered Professional Engineer, International Council of Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP), or DAWIA Level III Systems, Planning, Research, Development, and Engineering (SPRDE)—is a plus.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires an Active DHS Clearance; clearable candidates may be considered but may not be able to start the role until their DHS clearance is approved.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Crystal City, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.