MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Database Engineer with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Quantico, VA client site.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Seeking a Database Engineer to support and enhance the Technical Tracking Unit’s (TTU) mission to support our customer in Quantico, VA.
Qualified candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance.
- Design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
- Develop, implement, and oversee database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
- Optimize database systems for performance and reliability testing
- Perform backup monitoring, troubleshooting, and bug fixes
- Develop database functions, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers to enhance database functionality and security (PL/SQL)
- Ensure data integrity and quality in the database
- Create physical and logical database models
- Perform DBA activities such as daily monitoring, Cluster Health Check, RAC Component Check, and memory and Processes usage
- Prepare documents regarding database design
- Document approved software configuration Change Requests (CRs)
- College diploma or university degree in technical fields and/or 8 to 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Minimum eight years of experience as an Oracle DBA
- Experience and working knowledge of Oracle Database Management
- Experience with DBA scripting
- Experience partitioning tables
- Experience with Oracle 11G thru Oracle 12C- Container database
- In depth knowledge and understanding of SQL/PLSQL and database programming
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Server software.
- Experience with RAC Oracle Cluster databases
- Experience troubleshooting Oracle Server issues
- Experienced troubleshooting Data Guard issues
- Experienced with Oracle Data Guard Switchover and Failover Procedures.
- Experience and understanding of IIS, Active Directory LDAP Authentication Process, Message Queue, and Windows Services
- Experience and working knowledge of RMAN backup restore procedures
- Experience with Oracle advanced queueing and streaming
- Must be available 24/7 for system troubleshooting and support a
- On an as needed basis or as requested, troubleshoot and support the primary and COOP sites
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills as well a high degree of self-motivation
- Must be able to communicate technical information to customers with varying skill levels
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Able to work with moderate supervision
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Understanding of Toad for Oracle
- Experience and knowledge with GoldenGate 12c
- Active Secret Security Clearance required
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer