|# of Openings:||1|
MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Accountant II with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Lorton, VA Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The Accountant II works directly with the Director of Accounting and Accounting Manager to ensure the monthly billing and semi-monthly payroll are done accurately and timely manner. This position will perform a wide range of duties in direct support of the full cycle billing, payroll, management reporting, assisting in maintenance of the accounting system, principles, practices and procedures as well.
Accounts Receivable / Billings
· Prepare, review and submit timely and accurate billings for government and commercial customers in compliance with contractual and FAR regulations for all contract types including CPFF, T&M and Fixed Price.
· Daily and weekly preparation of AR aging/Cash reports and monitor and reconcile prompt payment of submitted invoices, and task revenue recognition.
· Reconcile unbilled receivables and researches and analyze information to determine appropriate course of action including revising/re-submitting billings.
· Assist with billing process improvement with internal controls, financial statement reporting and audit compliance and recommend changes to improve current process.
· Assist in other AR areas such as collections and final close outs/true-up invoices.
· Maintain and update billing documents in accordance with MTEQ’s policies and guidelines.
· Calculate and report Sales Taxes
· Review, analyze and check payroll reports for accuracy and makes necessary adjustments for corrections and submit to 3 rd party payroll service provider portal for processing.
· Maintains payroll data in payroll system to ensure master file and payroll history are current.
· Review Federal and State payroll tax returns and 940s/941s/W-2s.
· Research and resolve inquiries regarding payroll issues and respond to employees timely.
· Resolve payroll discrepancies by reviewing pay information and create queries to review changes for new hires, terminations, and deductions to make sure all items for each payroll period has been processed and submitted.
· Maintain employees payroll information and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
· Assist Director of Accounting and Accounting Manager with special projects to facilitate the effective functioning of the accounting department.
· Bachelor's Degree, 5+ years of experience
· Experience with full cycle billing and payroll
· Must have experience with a Government Contractor and iRAPT(Formerly WAWF)
· Expert MS Excel skills
· Experience multi-tasking with a high-volume work load
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Knowledge of JAMIS accounting system
· Cognos Impromptu reporting software
· Payroll with PAYCOM experience
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full Time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results