MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Painting Technician with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Fort Belvoir, VA Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Demonstrated experience as a Machine Shop Painter/Paint Technician knowledgeable on application rates, thicknesses, drying times, safety, handling, mixing, protection, and storage of all paint and powder coating products in order to prepare and paint machine part surfaces for the U.S. Army Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate (NVESD) at Fort Belvoir, VA.
- Prepare surfaces and apply all types of primers and paints using HVLP spraying equipment (including epoxy, polyurethane, lacquers, enamels, thinners, and other military, vehicle, and specialty coatings) to achieve a professional finish and quality to meet the standards of the customer.
- Perform sandblasting, taping out, degreasing and prepping of each project for painting, priming, and powder-coating.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mixing painting materials, matching colors, and applying them via HVLP to projects based on requirements.
- Support maintenance and repair activities within NVESD’s painting and powder coating facilities.
- Experience preparing surfaces for painting to include: sanding, degreasing, sandblasting, taping out, and priming.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in fabrication painting to include: application rates, thicknesses, drying times, safety, handling, mixing, protection, and storage of all paint and powder coating products.
- Proven experience with manual painting methods/systems including HVLP is required. Basic knowledge of automated processes is a plus.
- Familiarity with basic fabrication processes for machine parts and assemblies.
- Familiarity with hazardous materials handling a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with the use of safety equipment and industry standard safety protocols required.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fabrication shop team environment.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with hazardous materials
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain a security clearance; active clearance a plus
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fort Belvoir, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer