MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking several Software Test Engineers with strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Fort Belvoir, VA office.
A successful candidate has a diverse set of hardware and software engineering skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide testing expertise for support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Responsible for ensuring that the test design and documentation support all applicable client, agency or industry standards time lines and budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results, and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
- Evaluate defects based on operational impact and using approved defect tracking system to capture findings
- Reviews user application system requirements documentation; designs, defines and documents unit and application test plans; transforms test plans into test scripts and executes those scripts.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessment.
- Responsible for ensuring proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in test logs or defect tracking systems.
- Ability to comprehend QA processes and follow QA process guidelines
- Interact with software developers, requirements analysts, end users and other stakeholders to define, document, analyze, perform and interpret tests for the Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Test Events.
- Perform problem troubleshooting and communicate findings effectively with management and end-users.
- Assist in the preparation of Test Plans, Procedures, Checklists, and Reports in accordance with organization standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated strong performance as a Test Engineer, experience in planning, designing, executing, and documenting system-level tests.
- Working knowledge of Systems Engineering processes, including Requirements Development, Verification, Validation, and Traceability.
- Windows experience
- Linux experience
- Command Line experience
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and users
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to demonstrate impact and efficacy of initiatives on military simulations
- Experience at working in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop
- strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and writing skills
- DoD/DoN acquisition, budgeting, and investment management policies, guides, and regulations.
- Defense Business Systems.
- Software languages, applications, operating systems, frameworks, integrated data environments and other expertise.
- Software/Systems Engineering using Agile methodologies, with the ability to tailor to a specific system engineering processes and software development tools
- Application Test and Evaluation, particularly unit testing and integration testing.
- Asset Management: government documents, hardware, software (to include license agreements)
- System Administration – sys admin, help desk support, trouble ticket resolution.
Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance. Active Security Clearance in a plus.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fort Belvoir, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
TRAVEL: Candidates must have the ability to travel 5 – 75% of the time.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer