MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Software Test Manager with strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Fort Belvoir, VA office.
A successful candidate has a diverse set of hardware and software engineering skills.
We are looking for an experienced Software Test Manager for an emerging Test Section. Reporting to the Project Director/Software Development Lead and the Government Lead, this role will work across many functions and teams, and will provide an opportunity to help design, prioritize, and implement projects to help run and lead the software development efforts on the customer site. It is position responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation and tracking of all major customer initiatives and their specified deliverables that will support the product suite roadmap.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished professional with a proven track record of delivering and testing world-class software products, and a proactive, self-starter and leader who is always looking to improve efficiency and solve problems as they are arise.
This person will support the delivery and management of multiple complex projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require collective re-strategizing in order to deliver military value. They have an insightful understanding of software and simulation development processes, including software version control systems and release management. They are experienced with technical business requirements and can translate them into functional specifications. This person should be: flexible yet assertive, comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, able to manage internal and external stakeholders, and operate/coordinate across multiple teams including Software Development, Engineering, Electronics, Imagery, Geospatial Intelligence, Product, and VR.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Manage projects from beginning to end by standardizing processes with the effective use of a common project management methodology that is maintained and updated
- Collaborate with Product and Tech Leads to estimate work efforts, design project plans, define milestones and manage resources accordingly, while driving adherence and compliance with deadlines on deliverables as assigned to projects (including the maintenance of necessary documentation)
- Organize project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown) and determine an effective approach for completing the work, ensuring that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired results within the project schedule
- Provide regular reporting and visibility on project statuses to diverse sets of stakeholders across our team and business, effectively communicating project expectations in a timely and clear way (lead management reviews and project meetings; develop and manage agendas, minutes and follow up with action items)
- Provide options and back-up strategies as required to mitigate any effect to clients, ensure Senior Leadership, business stakeholders, and the broader organization are in the know regarding project statuses, risks and timelines
- Working in partnership with Business Development team, participate in strategic and positive interactions with clients as part of the overall start-to-finish management of all projects
- Identify and quickly resolve changes in scope, schedules and resource requirements; Identify and communicate risks; work with subject matter experts to develop and implement risk mitigation plans
- Identify and manage project dependencies, interdependencies with other projects and existing products, and critical path items
- Working in conjunction with the software development team, manage different software versions for multiple customers with different requirements. Determine the appropriate time to branch and merge software baselines, and work to ensure that software development occurs on the appropriate baseline, while minimizing duplicative software development.
- Maintain accurate project and capacity plans and up-to-date project assets and metrics
- Understand and maintain focus on business value and KPI project is seeking to impact
- Ensure all work is represented in work management systems, sized appropriately, with proper issue type, descriptions, dependencies/relationships, acceptance criteria, story points, and with consistent standards
- Ensure changes within sprints are properly responded to in a timely manner and reflected in management system
- Create a positive environment for the project team including open, honest communication and a clear path to escalate risks and issues
- 5+ years of proven experience managing multiple projects end-to-end in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong technical background
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale, complex, cross discipline technology projects, including scope definition, schedule development and management, communications and stakeholder engagement activities
- Ability to demonstrate impact and efficacy of initiatives on military simulations
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills, and ability to influence, steer, and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Experience at working in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of software version control concepts, such as branching, merging, and release management. Knowledge of git a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Project and other project management methodologies a plus.
Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance. Active Security Clearance in a plus.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fort Belvoir, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer