MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
Seeking a Sr. Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to lead a dynamic, high performing team producing training and education products for military and civilian personnel. The Sr. ISD Lead requires practical experience in the analysis, design, and development of Interactive Multimedia Instruction (IMI) for distance learning instructional deliveries to include interactive content, branching methodology, scenario-based, and virtual training environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sr. Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) Lead will be responsible for the full spectrum design and development of Interactive Multimedia Instruction (IMI) and other instructional deliveries for U.S. military and civilian target audiences. This person will lead a multi-functional team of ISDs, Courseware Programmers, and Multimedia Specialists in designing engaging and effective training and education content applying current adult learning principles and best practices for effective instructional deliveries in classroom, distance learning (DL) and blended modes. The Sr. ISD Lead must have a passion for creating quality learning solutions and learning technologies; coupled with the ability to clearly and analytically author effective learning products in a cross-functional team.
- MTEQ has an opening for an (ISD) Instructional Systems Designer/Specialist in Lorton, VA.
- Select candidate will apply the most current instructional systems design trends and approaches to provide course design and development services that result in appropriate learning programs for classroom, online, and blended delivery for our government customer.
- Lead a multi-functional team through the Initial Product Analysis (IPA), Front-End Analysis (FEA), Design, Development, and Deployment phases. Select candidate will work with customer leadership to include designated instructors to conduct workforce needs assessment and make recommendations for training solutions.
- Identify learning objectives and develop courses that progressively build digital acumen competencies and skills from entry through intermediate and advanced levels as required.
- Provide assistance/facilitation to course coordinators/instructors by providing clear programs of instruction, instructor guides, student manuals with assessments of training outcomes by observing the course and providing course instruction as applicable.
- Incorporate video, simulation vignettes and other media to enhance the training.
- Provide formative and summative assessment capabilities to support student feedback process and training program.
- Develop and implement formative and summative evaluation strategies. Use custom course reports with course evaluation data to measure course outcomes and facilitate improvements.
- Continually review, update, and improve learning offerings, to ensure the courses stay relevant considering rapidly evolving technology.
- Collect, analyze, and apply training metrics to enhance the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8-10 years of experience in Instructional Systems Design, Curriculum Development, Technical Writing or relevant experience in learning and development.
- Experience with planning and producing documentation in accordance within required standards, to prepare and write training-related documentation (e.g., Front End Analyses, Job Duty Task Analyses, Training Project Plans) and produce curricular products (e.g., Trainee Guides, Lessons Plans, PowerPoints). Has authored or contributed to the authoring of a Training Needs Analysis.
- Experience in developing and delivering COTS source and training material for consistency and accuracy.
- Experience in analysis, design, and development in instructor-led training, computer-based training, and web-based training.
- Knowledge and practical experience working with courseware development tools such as Lectora, Adobe Captivate, or Articulate, and assessment tools such as QuestionMark Authoring.
- Demonstrated excellence as a technical writer/editor and effective verbal communication.
- Understands LVC (Live, Virtual and Constructive) learning environments.
- Select Candidate will have authored, developed learning materials and examinations for classroom and online education.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients, subject matter experts, and other team members in verbal or written form to foster effective collaborative solutions.
- Demonstrate master-level writing and editing skills appropriate for the reader.
- Produce or direct the development of effective instructional graphical content.
- Has core practical knowledge of SCORM and Section 508 compliance.
- Reviewing training materials and examinations and provided recommendations.
- Must be able to lead an analysis and provide recommendations to USG PMO.
- Proficient in MS Office® applications to include but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Knowledge of simulation and training processes, policies, and related operations.
- Prior experience supporting MARCORSYSCOM/ PEO LSÂ acquisition program
- Prior experience in one of the following roles: Formal School Manager IAW MCO 1553.2c, as well as those that administer or manage a formal school to include (but not limited to): Army Training and Doctrine Command instructor certification, Academics Officers/Chiefs, Course Chiefs, Chief Instructors, POI Managers, Training Specialists, Instructional Systems Specialist, School Operations Officer/Chief, Testing Officers/Chiefs.
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
Security Clearance: Active secret security clearance is required.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer