MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a highly motivated individual who has skills in a myriad of software development disciplines to serve as a key member of our software development team. Primary responsibilities will be the design, development, and testing of applications on both Linux and Windows platforms. A successful candidate will be responsible for developing efficient multi-threaded data acquisition and control software for sensor based / EO-IR systems. Such software requires working with a variety of interface technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIO, as well as optimized libraries such as OpenCV and OpenCL. Software developed will be hosted on both general purpose and embedded computing platforms. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work closely with hardware and systems engineers in a small-team environment.
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field.
- Four or more years’ professional experience developing software in C++ (i.e., not academic) primarily on Linux platforms.
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to readily decompose complex problems into smaller, manageable tasks.
- Strong Object Oriented design and development skills.
- Strong multi-threaded / multi-core / concurrent programming skills.
- Experience / expertise in video and image processing, preferably utilizing optimized libraries such as OpenCV and / or OpenCL.
- Experience/expertise in designing, developing and testing data acquisition and control software for sensor based systems utilizing a variety of technologies and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIO).
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
- Lead a combined project team of government and contract employees located in many different locations while meeting directed delivery dates to meet fielding requirements.
- Interface with Program and Project Managers, Software Engineers, System Architects, Logisticians and Engineers from other organizations to identify system requirements for Combat Vehicle Systems.
- To provide guidance, leadership and to actively work with a team of diversified engineers and technicians in executing system engineering practices consistent with defined organizational standards.
- Develop and/or provide inputs to project plans of execution to include scope, budget, resource needs, material needs, and schedule.
- Engineering Degree plus 10 years of experience.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Government security clearance.
- C++ and JAVA experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate project status to include development, test and risk, to higher level leadership.
- Experience in working with medium to high complexity hardware/software systems.
- Experience in analyzing, developing and documenting system level requirements, design and test procedures.
- Familiar with engineering support and engineering management tools using databases and database structures.
- Experience working within and tracking progress against project plans, schedules, scope, budget and resources.
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel to various customer and contractor facilities and test centers (10% Travel).
- Experience/expertise employing complex data structures (e.g., queues, stacks, maps, dictionaries, lists, vectors, iterators, sets)
- Experience/expertise employing industry accepted programming constructs/practices (e.g., thread pools, abstract class implementations, unit testing, concurrency)
- Experience/expertise with various IDEs (e.g., Visual Studio, Eclipse, Emacs), code repository software (e.g., Subversion, git), software project management and collaboration solutions (e.g., Redmine, Trac, & JIRA), and bug reporting/tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, Tuleap) and automated testing frameworks (e.g., BuildBot & Jenkins)
- Experience/expertise with various programming and scripting languages (e.g., C, C#/.NET, Python)
- Experience/expertise designing and developing GUIs
- Experience/expertise in Linux Systems & Network Administration
- Cross platform (Linux, Windows) software development experience
- Hardware and software system integration experience/expertise
- Experience with Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and/or Interface Description Documents (IDDs).
- Experience with US Army Ground Combat Vehicle System Electronics Hardware and Software.
- Experience with data transfer protocols and network protocols. Experience in Systems of Systems Architectures for Army Systems.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management.
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer