MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a highly motivated individual with proven experience and skills successfully developing, implementing and employing R&D (Research & Development) and/or prototype scientific & engineering software (i.e., NOT web based or business-related software) to serve as a Software Engineer. A successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing efficient multi-threaded sensor and systems interoperability software solutions across heterogeneous platforms. Such software requires working with a variety of interface technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIO, as well as optimized libraries such as OpenCV and OpenCL. Software developed will be hosted on both general purpose and embedded computing platforms running either Linux or Windows.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively develop and employ R&D (Research & Development) and/or prototype scientific & engineering software
- Actively participate in the planning, coordination, execution and documentation of system, software and field testing
- Effectively communicate project status to include development, test and risk, to higher level leadership
- Be flexible to work after hours, weekends and handle a shifting schedule as project needs arise
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor in an employee/customer environment
- Have strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to readily decompose complex problems into smaller, manageable tasks
- Be able to travel to various customer and contractor facilities and test centers (10% Travel)
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field
- Five or more years’ experience
- Strong Object-Oriented design and development skills
- Strong multi-threaded / multi-core / concurrent programming skills
- Experience / expertise in video and image processing, preferably utilizing optimized libraries such as OpenCV and / or OpenCL
- Experience/expertise in designing, developing and testing data acquisition and control software for sensor-based systems utilizing a variety of technologies and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIO).
- Experience in working with medium to high complexity hardware/software systems
- Experience in analyzing, developing and documenting system level requirements, design and test procedures
- Familiar with engineering support and engineering management tools using databases and database structures
- Experience working within and tracking progress against project plans, schedules, scope, budget and resources
- Experience with Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and/or Interface Description Documents (IDDs)
- Experience with US Army Ground Combat Vehicle System Electronics Hardware and Software
- Experience with a variety of DoD (e.g., WMI, DSTAT, JAUS, CoT, ISA) and standard (UDP, Multicast, TCP, protobuf, XML, CAN) data transfer and network protocols/frameworks
- Experience in Systems of Systems Architectures for Army Systems
- Experience/expertise employing Configuration Management on software projects
- Experience/expertise employing complex data structures (e.g., queues, stacks, maps, dictionaries, lists, vectors, iterators, sets)
- Experience/expertise employing industry accepted programming constructs/practices (e.g., thread pools, abstract class implementations, unit testing, concurrency)
- Experience/expertise with various programming and scripting languages (e.g., C, C#/.NET, Python)
- Experience/expertise designing and developing GUIs
- Experience/expertise in Linux Systems & Network Administration
- Cross platform (Linux, Windows) software development experience
- Hardware and software system integration experience/expertise
- Experience/expertise with various IDEs (e.g., Visual Studio, Eclipse, Emacs), code repository software (e.g., Subversion, git), software project management and collaboration solutions (e.g., Redmine, Trac, & JIRA), and bug reporting/tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, Tuleap) and automated testing frameworks (e.g., BuildBot & Jenkins)
Location: Detroit, MI
Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer