MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Personally develop stable software for deployment onto remote, developmental, low-mid maturity sensor systems and sensor payloads. Typical project areas include unmanned aerial payloads or manned/unmanned/remotely-controlled vehicles outfitted with developmental sensor packages. Software functions typically include command and control of a developmental sensor payload system on a mobile host platform such as a robot, vehicle, or airborne system; data acquisition from various commercial or specialized on-board sensors; on-board data processing; onboard real-time fault detection; interfacing with other onboard computers. A typical system might consist of one or more single board computers running Ubuntu, Windows, CentOS, or other alternative operating system; multiple sensors ranging from commercially available cameras with standard interface protocols to highly specialized radar or developmental electro-optic sensors with unique software protocols and data streams; additional instrumentation for local and global system telemetry; Graphical User Interface (GUI) for operation and data acquisition; real-time processing of data and/or real-time algorithms; radio or other networking. Systems are typically used for sensor data collections and analysis at Government test sites; to inform research teams; and to demonstrate early capability to decision makers.
- Mentor less-experienced engineers in the adoption of industry-standard software development practices. Help in-house teams implement good practices and a development environment to include software configuration management, task tracking, software testing, and collecting meaningful metric data. Assist junior engineers in learning good programming methods.
- Required: 10+ years of DoD or commercial experience, valid security clearance (Secret or above)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Desired: 15+ years of experience
- C or variants; Python; MATLAB (nice to have); experience executing DoD software engineering (nice to have); configuration management software like Mercurial or GIT or SVN; experience in a development environment that uses task tracking software like JIRA; experience implementing various software interfaces to communicate with other devices; experience implementing software tests such as automated unit tests and integration/system tests. Ability to setup and manage software development environments for a project (nice to have). GUI design; real-time programming; data processing or algorithm work (nice to have).
Active security clearance
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer