MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Position, Navigation & Timing Subject Matter Expert with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Fort Belvoir , VA Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide direct support to technical director to lead efforts regarding Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) solutions.
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) on PNT solutions and their transition to operational capabilities.
- Establish, collect, and maintain a broad knowledge base of all DoD PNT projects.
- Assess the technical readiness levels of PNT and provide technical recommendations.
- Define technical analysis methods, conduct independent research, and present findings.
- Develop and present technical white papers and executive level briefings.
- Will be knowledgeable in current and future requirements for Army Position, Navigation, and Timing, including the development of the DAPS, MAPS, AJ, and A-PNT PORs.
- Experience working with the DRPM PNT Government representatives and current vendors providing GPS solutions to the DoD.
- Responsible for oversight of the PNT assets in the lab and coordination with CP&I and PNT.
- Work with vendors to deliver PNT systems to the lab to be integrated and tested.
- Work with the lab engineers to integrate current sensors and products required to validate PNT systems against established program requirements.
- Act as a SME within the lab, interfacing with APNT system engineers for details of APNT requirements development based on external stakeholder needs and historical knowledge.
- Integrate with the lab test team to validate test processes and procedures and results from developmental tests performed within the lab.
- Responsible for developing the bill of materials necessary to implement the test environment for PNT equipment within the lab.
- Work with stakeholders to develop PNT test roadmaps, identify required functions of APNT products. and consult within and outside PNT on APNT architecture requirements to validate the lab environment.
- Will stand up standardized PNT processes and tools for test requirements, data management/CM, and risk management.
- Will be knowledgeable in OSD and Joint Staff policy related to PNT.
- Define and quantify at a high level what Army, Air Force, and Navy labs are doing to support GPS/Navwar/Electronic Warfare/PLs. This establishes the baseline of capabilities, defines the tradespace for the analysis going forward and provides a "first look" at capability gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related technical degree strongly preferred
- 15 years of experience with afloat/ashore PNT solutions with Department of Defense; SPAWAR, PMW, or PEO C4I preferred
- Experience with product/portfolio road map definition and illustration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Excellent communication skills
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Active Secret
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer