MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ seeks senior engineers with experience in telecommunications to support a federal program management office in Northern Virginia. Join our team of collaborative self-starters focused on delivering practical and efficient solutions to help our client keep U.S. borders safe and facilitate trade and travel. As part of our high-performing team, you will augment our vital work to provide “eyes and ears” technology to protect our nation. Travel will be required once or twice a month to stations on the southwest and other borders.
These individuals will provide technical engineering management support for the systems acquisition and sustainment life cycle for the client’s portfolio of programs, projects, demonstrations, and other efforts. These individuals will apply systems engineering principles and policies, ensure high workmanship standards and compliance with DHS and CBP systems engineering standards and procedures, and provide support for the development of system engineering artifacts.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Providing Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) tailoring development and prepare SELC Tailoring Plans.
- Providing support, development, and technical subject matter expertise on engineering documents as identified in the program/project SELC TP. This includes reviewing documents, conducing assessments, and providing briefings.
- Participating in program-level review boards, including engineering, configuration, risk, and test review boards.
- Support the Program/Project Manager by conducting Integrated Product Teams and Working Groups.
- Providing analysis and reporting to ensure the technical integrity of all technical baselines as defined by the client.
- Providing collection and evaluation of technical information for market research and trade studies.
- Maintaining comprehensive awareness of the program’s and contract’s progress with respect to cost, schedule, and performance as an enabler to informed decision making.
- Advising program leadership on technical developments, issues, and readiness to enter into SELC technical reviews and all program reviews.
- Advising program leadership when the program has achieved the technical review entrance/exit criteria.
- Ability to pass a government background investigation, including financial, criminal, residential, educational, foreign affiliation, prohibited substance abuse, and employment verifications; active U.S. Customs and Border Protection background investigation preferred. Please note that only U.S. citizens are eligible for a suitability determination.
- Previous work with CBP’s Integrated Fixed Tower (IFT), Remove Video Surveillance Systems (RVSS), Mobile and Agent-Centric Systems (MACS), and/or Field Surveillance Services (FSS) portfolios is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience and a Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline; or 12+ years and a Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Understanding of and ability to optimize information management tools, such as DOORS, JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce, or Sharepoint.
- A true team player who maintains a positive attitude in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Relevant certification in engineering or systems from a recognized credentialing agency—e.g., Registered Professional Engineer, International Council of Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP), or DAWIA Level III Systems, Planning, Research, Development, and Engineering (SPRDE)—is a plus.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires an Active DHS Clearance. Clearable candidates will be considered but may not be able to start the role until their DHS clearance is approved.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Crystal City, VA, with alternate sites in Washington DC
SCHEDULE: Full time