M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The UPS Technician installs, maintains and services UPS systems, batteries, and other critical infrastructure equipment. UPS Technicians are factory trained on all major UPS manufacturer’s equipment such as Liebert, Powerware, and MGE, and perform preventative maintenance work and equipment testing as well as emergency service calls at high profile government, institutional and commercial customers.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Ensuring proper installation of UPS communications equipment.
- Performing systems testing to ensure proper operations of UPS including calibrating the unit, checking theprotection settings, checking on tightening connections and inspecting capacitors for physical signs of failure.
- Troubleshooting all aspects of UPS equipment.
- Inspecting and monitoring operations of UPS, switchgear and generators.
- Installing and troubleshooting 480/277 V electrical distribution equipment support systems.
Job Working Conditions and Environment:
This position is physically demanding and often requires working outdoors while exposed to all types of weather conditions and while working in all types of environments. For example, the incumbent may be required to work, depending on the job location and the time of year, in the heat, cold, rain and snow. This position also requires working at extreme heights, in areas that are under construction, or in restricted areas such as a switchgear room, manhole, utility tunnel, crawl space or attic. The incumbent must be able to access work areas that are accessible only by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladders or stairs that are under construction. Additionally, this position requires flexible work hours. In order to get a project completed on time, technicians are often required to work overtime, weekends and night shifts. The incumbent must work in the presence of customers and their representatives with little or no interference or disruption to the customer while maintaining a professional and courteous image.
- AA/BS degree in Electrical and/or Electronics from an accredited college or university, or equivalent training from field or military position.
- Minimum of three years 3rd party or OEM experience (MGE/APC, Powerware/Eaton, Liebert) or six years of progressively difficult experience in power electronic system maintenance and repair. Prior field experience preferred.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting complex technical instructions, plans blueprints, and schematic diagrams.
- Strong working knowledge of NEC, maintenance practices, maintenance and supply procedures, and quality control procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex electrical systems, perform damage assessments, estimate maintenance, parts, and manpower requirements, diagnose malfunctions, and employ testing and inspection techniques.
- Use of laptop computer, various software packages and other electronic communication devices will be required.
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills.
- Future training and certification requirements: Various Manufacturer Maintenance Courses, Power Quality Training Course/Certification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- UPS Specific Certifications
- Proficient use of battery test equipment. (Alber/Midtronics/Fluke)
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a twelve foot stepladder without assistance
- Works on energized circuits or equipment.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must wear an M.C. Dean, Inc. hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
- Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work on M.C. Dean, Inc. projects
- Must have a valid driver's license or passport to access job sites, if applicable.