M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for following the M.C. Dean Quality Control (QC) Program to achieve and verify quality expectations for a durable and reliable installation.
Performing shop inspections of fabrication activities
Clarifying job site requirements for electrical fabrication
Inspecting equipment and major materials at the time of receipt against specifications and submittals.
Conducting Quality Checks of reports, trending issues, inspection schedule and standard electrical practices.
Determining requirements of installation practices for specific project and conducting PPAP (Pre- Production Approval Process) meetings before fabrication commences.
Applying knowledge of spooling drawings, specifications, current NEC Codes, NETA standards and processes, ISO 9000 standards and NQA-1 Certification process.
Applying knowledge of construction techniques, contractual procedures, electrical installation means and methods.
Applying knowledge of FDN process, continuous improvement and corrective actions as applicable.
Applying knowledge of Quality Management systems - Six Sigma and others is preferred.
Evaluating data using statistical methods and interpreting results of statistical analysis.
Performing duties and responsibilities under close supervision of Quality Control Manager
High School or GED with six (6) to eight (8) years of experience. Associate's Degree with four to six years of experience in Electrical Engineering Technology or Construction Management is preferred but not required.
Must successfully pass a background check
Extensive knowledge of USACE/NAVFAC 3-Phase Quality Control System
Experience on military bases, government contracts
Journeyman's license and/or Master Electrician license
Graduate from a certified Apprenticeship Program
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.