M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The M.C. Dean, Inc. Maritime Division works at shipyards around the world from our regional offices in Chesapeake, VA, and San Diego, CA. Become a key member of our Alteration Installation Teams, supporting C4ISR system installations on ships and submarines. Join the top team on the waterfront, working for unrivaled compensation and benefits.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Technical Training
Experience: 4+ Years
- Three (3) of shipboard electrical repair and installation.
- Installation, repair, and maintain equipment for the generation, distribution, utilization of electrical energy (generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, etc.).
- Working with blueprints and drawings
- Troubleshooting electrical systems
- Standard computations related to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Works with a team supporting cabling, equipment, and C5ISR system installations
- Read and understand shipboard installation drawings, diagrams, blueprints, and cable running sheets.
- Demonstrate skill in the operation of all commonly used installation test equipment, including spectrum analyzers, voltmeters, VSWR meters, Bit-Error Rate Test Sets, and Category 5e/6 cable testers.
- Demonstrate advanced speed and accuracy when performing tasks such as attaching fiber optic connectors, RJ-45 connectors, and DB type connectors, and when dressing cable installations so that the finished product presents a well-organized and professional appearance.
- Demonstrate superior skills in complex mechanical, sub-assembly, rack and chassis assembly
- Demonstrate your leadership abilities
- Provide superior workmanship in a mission-critical environment
Safety and Physical Requirements:
- Occupation Safety Haz-Mat Certification
- Shipyard Competent Person Certification
- Aloft/Climbing / Climbing Shipyard Stairs and Ladders Certification
- Working in Confined Spaces Certification
- Training and the Ability to Safely Lift and Move Objects of 50 LBS
Security and Work Locations:
- Work is primarily in San Diego, CA and Norfolk, VA but you may travel for extended periods to other shipyards in the USA and to other Navy ports outside the USA
- You will work at government facilities. You must be a US Citizenship eligible for clearance.
- You must pass a background investigation
- You must have a valid driver's license
- Work overtime upon management request
- Maintain and safeguard company equipment and tools
- Maintain and safeguard welding inventory
- Organize and schedule jobs to an on-time completion
- Physical Ability Requirements:
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12-foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
Possible travel locations include the below but not limited to:
- San Diego, CA
- Vallejo, CA
- Everett, WA
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Groton, CT
- Mayport, FL
- Panama City, FL
- Charleston, SC
- Pearl Harbor, HI
- Portland, OR
- Earl, NJ