M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
- Development of Engineering Installation Design Packages of Electronic Security Systems, including the creation of Block Diagrams, Riser Diagrams, Mounting and Wiring Details in AutoCAD
- Create Project and Device schedules with the Engineering Installation Design Packages
- Create Cable, Device, and Performance Verification Test Plans
- Assist in the Bids and Proposals process to capture new work
- Participate in site surveys during all phases of projects.
- Participate in Pre-Installation Testing and Checkout (PITCO) processes including System programming, integration testing, and equipment build outs.
- Assist various calculations; including but not limited to power, heat, voltage drop, conduit sizing and bandwidth.
- Assist with development of sequence of operations, compliance matrices and other project support documentation.
- Developing a basic understanding of related industry documentation such as NEC, NFPA, UL Code (294, 1076, and 2050), ICD 705, NISPOM.
- Participate in new product evaluations and recommendations.
- Contributing to engineering by suggesting improvement and researching questions.
- This position will rotate through various areas of M.C. Dean to gain valuable exposure to the company’s processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (BS) such as Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in engineering, with preferred experience in design build
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with various customers, vendors and peers
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information; eligibility for a DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Experience leading large scale Security Designs
- Ability to effectively work with AutoCAD
- Hand tools (i.e. screwdrivers, wrenches, socket set, crimper, pliers etc.)*
- Hands on experience with various electronic security systems
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.