CONTROL ENGINEER 6 (PART-TIME) - CAROLINE COUNTY, VA
Location: Caroline County, VA
Req. Number: 4356
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes submittals, RFI’s.
• Posting RFI’s and change orders.
• Pricing, tracking and managing change orders.
• Identifying change orders and ensuring effective resolution.
• Maintaining as-built drawings.
• Documenting project issues/conditions.
• Maintaining organized and detailed project records.
• Submitting hours and cost codes.
• Planning and executing project completion and punch list.
• Preparing specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
• Submitting O&M manuals.
• Assisting in development of full estimate.
• Participate in KPR (Key Project Review).
• Managing coordination, detailing logs & schedule.
• Managing schedule updates.
• Identifying value added solutions & cost savings methods.
• Instructing field personnel in proper industrial control installation procedures for various equipment.
• 12 to 15 years of experience as a Design Engineer with a BS degree or 9 to 12 years of experience as a Design Engineer with a MS Degree.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
• This position will be based in Caroline County, Virginia with the option of telecommuting.
• Ability to demonstrate solid working knowledge of engineering principles, accepted design practices in the North American controls environment
• Writing and presentation skills, use of common office productivity software
• CAD production capabilities
• Ability to estimate hardware, engineering, software production, testing for industrial control system projects
• Prepare and solicit pricing from prospective vendors
• Evaluate Vendor proposals
• The ability to read process & instrumentation diagrams.
• Understanding of industrial control design processes.
• Understanding of pre-written field test procedures.
• Ability to develop field test procedures.
• Experience working with: Microsoft Office, Estimation Software, Oscilloscope, Multi-meter, Various hand tools
• Industrial design and evaluation for control systems
• Control system software for process systems
• Field installation estimation, crew sizing, planning, and supervision
• Working relationship with major control system vendors supplying North America
• Ability and desire to innovate
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results