The story of Mimi’s started with people; Arthur J. Simms was inspired by the beauty, foods and flavor of France and a woman he met there named Mimi. Today at Mimi’s we embody this inspiration and we strive to provide the same warmth and sincerity that one would welcome a guest into their home with. At Mimi's, our Associates are the most important resource in our service commitment to our Guests. By applying the 'Three Standards of Excellence' and embracing our values of trust, teamwork, respect integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each individual and the Company. Mimi's fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced individual career aspirations are fulfilled and Mimi's continued success is celebrated by all.
When you work for Mimi’s, you become family!
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
TITLE: Payroll Tax Analyst
DEPT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager of Payroll
DATE: December 2018
This position is responsible for preparing and filing all Federal, State, and Local tax returns as governed by law for Le Duff America, Inc. and its subsidiaries and franchises.
- Prepare Federal, State and Local tax returns as required on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for Le Duff America, Inc., its subsidiaries and franchises. This includes filing all quarterly 941s (Federal), SUTA, state and local tax returns. On an annual basis this includes filing all 940s (FUTA), Federal, State and Local W-2s, W3s and any other annual requirements.
- Register companies in new states and localities as needed.
- Resolve tax problems, and contact appropriate government agencies or representatives regarding changes in tax reporting requirements and laws.
- Research and respond to inquiries from the field and tax authorities. This includes researching issues that may ultimately lead to amended returns, additional deposits, and/or penalties being assessed.
- Reconcile, research, and resolve discrepancies for tax liability accounts.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 3+ years multi-state payroll tax filing experience, preferably including the states of PA,OH, and NY
- Experience filing amended returns
- PeopleSoft experience highly preferred
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- CPP preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Team player