The story of Mimi’s started with people; Arthur J. Simms was inspired by the beauty, foods and flavor of France and a woman he met there named Mimi. Today at Mimi’s we embody this inspiration and we strive to provide the same warmth and sincerity that one would welcome a guest into their home with. At Mimi's, our Associates are the most important resource in our service commitment to our Guests. By applying the 'Three Standards of Excellence' and embracing our values of trust, teamwork, respect integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each individual and the Company. Mimi's fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced individual career aspirations are fulfilled and Mimi's continued success is celebrated by all.
When you work for Mimi’s, you become family!
The Senior Director of Culinary is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the overall operations of the Culinary Department in accordance with current standards, guidelines and regulations. This hands-on leader manages all aspects of Culinary, and operational implementation, working closely with Marketing, Operations, Training, Procurement and Vendors.
- Develop culinary programs to exceed guest satisfactions and maximize revenue.
- Develop standard recipes utilizing sales reports and guest comments to ensure that menus are meeting expectations
- Responsible for evaluating Mimi’s current store systems and processes as well as identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Develop new and innovative production methods using ready and existing products (RTE) (RTU).
- Responsible for yield and portion control management.
- Designs innovative processes, identifies new/alternate kitchen equipment, and modifies and optimizes current processes in our cafes considering store layouts, space and equipment capacity as well as flow of people and product and its impact on labor and workflow to improve efficiencies, quality, safety and productivity.
- Identifies trends, analyzes LTO and menu performance and performs competitor benchmarking for food strategy and promotional calendar.
- Provides guidance to leaders and Area Directors to identify areas of concern and develop strategies to improve costs.
- Works cross-functionally with, culinary, marketing, operations, training, and finance to integrate product development plans and new product offerings throughout the company in a collaborative, efficient, and profitable manner
- Championing the new product development cycle. Working directly with the Culinary and Purchasing teams to articulate product opportunities, positioning and requirements. Direct management of live tests with articulated success metrics, timeframes and milestones.
- Standardizes and ensures adherence to all culinary standards, recipes, operational execution, food safety and sanitation and training efforts.
- Works with procurement suppliers and operators to optimize existing products (product improvements and cost savings) and cook times.
- Analyzes individual restaurant and company-wide Cost of Goods report to identify areas needed for improvement operationally or potential issues with recipes or item linking
- Manages in a fiscally responsible manner, controlling food & beverage costs, labor and indirect costs. Performs financial impact and profitability analyses on new and revised products and pricing
- Interfaces with other departments in the facility with the goal of producing quality products in the most timely and effective way possible.
- Engage and build relationships with all sister companies under Le Duff America.
- Handles identification, ideation, development and implementation of New Product initiatives and Innovation pipelines in support of the Brand vision and growth strategies, bringing Core Menu brand positing to life through the optimization, benchmarking, testing and validation of current menu offerings under the direction of the Brand’s President.
- Manages in a fiscally responsible manner, controlling food & beverage costs, labor and indirect costs.
- Must have food costing and related financial skills as well as practical experience with both quantitative and qualitative evaluation of foods and food equipment/procedures, as well as effective utilization of vendor/supplier assets against strategic goals and a demonstrated ability to effectively train peers and unit-level internal partners in support of new rollouts
- 5 + years experience in large scale Culinary Projects restaurant or hospitality segment
- Experience with both table service and counter service
- Industrial and/or manufacturing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts or related field
- Experience in foodservice distribution and purchasing
- Proven track record of understanding the drivers of product & labor cost variances
- Excellent organization skills, dedication and strong work ethic
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Proficiency with MS office suite
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time