Overview: IntelliWare is an award-winning and growing company with an immediate need for a skilled and energetic Data Analyst to support a federal law enforcement agency customer.
Clearance: No clearance required at application, but the candidate must be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated Moderated Risk Background Investigation (MBI).
- Assists in the management and execution of the agency's Data Governance program.
- Contributes to developing and refining organization-wide governance processes, including change management.
- Contributes to creating, refining, and documenting team business processes (e.g. in Standard Operating Procedures and/or process diagrams) in a highly flexible environment.
- Liaises with SMEs and conducts thorough research of internal and external sources to develop recommendations for data standards and enterprise business glossary definitions.
- Collects data from internal and external data sources using a variety of methods and tools. Proficiently performing data cleansing and standardization (e.g. removing duplicates, sanitization), assesses data quality, and eliminates irrelevant data to identify and interpret data patterns and trends.
- Applies recognized standards (e.g. NIEM, ISO) to data from internal and external sources and provides recommendations on how to rationalize existing data against the standards.
- Distills complex ideas into concise concepts. On a frequent basis, creates and delivers briefs/presentations to diverse groups of stakeholders at all levels of the organization and answers questions.
- Develops cohesive understanding of current systems by interpreting system documents such as data dictionaries, source code, entity-relationship diagrams, test plans, and functional requirements documentation. Assists clients with the application of data standards in existing systems.
- Identifies and documents common data elements across different applications and data repositories for the purpose of developing enterprise data standards and crosswalks (as needed for interfaces).
- Independently synthesizes unstructured feedback from stakeholders and consider relevant data to present quality business solutions.
- Contributes to the identification of data quality metrics that identify gaps and ensure compliance with standards.
- Creates flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate the storage and flow of data in the organization.
- Creates database queries using ANSI SQL or other programming languages.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio) to prepare documents, clean and manipulate data, and create and deliver presentations.
- Familiar with relational databases concepts (SQL Server and/or Oracle), including basic SQL queries.
- Familiar with data management disciplines including master data management and metadata management (both technical and functional).
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent command of grammar and language.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with a focus on customer service and demonstrated ability to effectively interact at all levels across the organization to build successful relationships.
- Excellent consultative, conflict resolution, negotiation and facilitation skills to gain consensus in a matrixed and complex organization.
- Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions; ability to break a complex problem down into its component parts and arrive at the appropriate solution in a timely fashion.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2016 Master Data Services a plus.
- Experience with SAP Data Quality Management software and SAP Business Objects.
- Familiar with external data standardization/exchange organizations such as NIEM, FBI CJIS, NCIC, and ISO.
- 3+ years of experience with establishing and managing Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, and/or Quality and Data Governance programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Location: Crystal City, VA
IntelliWare Systems is a privately-owned company founded to provide business and technical services to government and commercial clients. Our business philosophy is to hire the brightest, yet humble, people we can find and provide them with the team, training, and support they need to exceed our customers’ mission requirements. Our experienced, cleared, and professional workforce receives compensation and benefits that are intended to be among the best in our industry.
IntelliWare provides equal opportunity for all persons and prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), veteran or marital status, or any other factor prohibited by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave, compensation, and training.
IntelliWare maintains an Affirmative Action Plan to establish fair access to employment opportunities and to create a work community that is an accurate reflection of the qualified workforce. Due to security clearance requirements, U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.