ERM Iberia is seeking a Junior Consultant
As a consequence of the continuous growth and development of projects in our organization, we are seeking for a Consultant in the area of Operational Performance Services, covering the following services: EHS Management systems and compliance support, sustainability services, EHS Auditing, Sustainable Safety, etc.
Based in Madrid, the consultant will focus on projects, assignments and proposal tasks under the supervision of his/her team leader or supervisor, contributing to the achievement of the team and group targets of quality project delivery, client satisfaction, productivity and revenues, understanding application of HSE legal framework to real situations.
His/her main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Support the development of EHS compliance and management system programs.
- Perform environmental and H&S compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Provide general EHS compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Prepare EHS legal registers.
- Supporting project managers in requested activities such as research for information, writing reports, etc.
- Adequate compilation and filing of project documentation
- Drafting reports for later project management revision.
- Develop the tasks requested in time and with a high level of quality.
- Getting embedded into the team and fulfil with all administrative requirements
- We are seeking for a candidate with enthusiasm to develop a career in a sustainability consulting firm.
- +1 years’ experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, or related discipline.
- H&S Master degree is a plus.
- Knowledge on environmental and health and safety management systems, IFC Environmental and Social performance standards, and Sustainability services.
- Familiarity with HSE Spanish regulations and understanding of environmental permit application processes; preference given to those with experience in environmental compliance auditing.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Experience working in Oil & Gas, Power, Mining, and Manufacturing Sector will be an important candidate selection factor.
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of PowerPoint, and Excel desired.
- Knowledge on Corporate Social Responsibility (strategy and reporting) and Sustainability services
- Fluency in Spanish and English languages is a must (please do not apply if you do not have a very high level of written and spoken English).
- Willing to travel.