ERM Iberia is seeking a Junior Consultant (EIA)
ERM is looking for a Consultant Junior (EIA) to join our team in Madrid or in Barcelona, covering the following services: ecosystem services, integrated water management, regulatory/permitting reviews, environmental impact assessment studies and definition of environmental and social management plans. You may also have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services.
His/her main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Assistance to the team:
- Researching information for the preparation of environmental and social studies mainly for the description of the environment, for example:
- Physical environment
- Biological environment
- Socio-economic and cultural heritage environment
- International standards and best practices (IFC, WB, EBRD, BAFD…) and specific national legislation of the country of work (within Europe, Middle East and Africa countries mainly).
- Support in the preparation of the description of industrial processes/activities of the projects (especially Oil&Gas, Mining and Power).
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations: results of different types of projects and proposals.
- Organization of existing documentation on servers.
- Support the development of Excel tables, databases, drawings, GIS, etc.
- Conducting field work activities when required, normally under supervision of more experienced consultants.
- Support in the layout of documents for projects and proposals, formatting (especially in Microsoft Project. Word, Excel, Acrobat…).
- Helping in translation of documents.
- We are seeking for a candidate with enthusiasm to develop a career in an environmental sustainability consulting firm.
- Ideally, background should be Engineering or Technical Degree (such as Forestry, Agricultural, Mining or Civil engineering) specialized in environmental aspects, or other technical degrees (Ms. Science in Physics, Chemistry, other) with Master or Specialization in Environmental aspects.
- 1 year of experience will be desirable.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluent French, and a high level of English. Conversant in Spanish. French language is a must (please do not apply if you do not have a fluent level of written and spoken French and a high level of English). Arabic or Portuguese is a plus.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Knowledge of software for air modelling, noise or spills and GIS is a plus.