For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
We have an exciting opportunity for an electrical engineer to join our growing team. Electrical equipment upgrades, arc flash hazards analysis, low and medium voltage plant power distribution system design, motor control centers, drives, and related equipment for plant power are services in high demand from our clients. Instrumentation and control (I&C) design including SCADA, design of control systems, design of control panels, specifying instruments, development of network architectures, PLC design, developing control strategies are also services we perform. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a senior engineer to continue to build upon their engineering career, do challenging and meaningful work, and protect the earth’s resources at the same time. If you are looking for an opportunity to work on in the potable water, wastewater, infrastructure and environmental arena on both the public and private side, with the potential to gain new knowledge, skills, and relationships in a collaborative, innovative and supportive environment, let’s talk.
For the right candidate, this position offers the opportunity for significant professional growth and the potential to collaborate with local and national teams. In this role, your responsibilities will include electrical and I&C conceptual through detailed design development, layout and selection of equipment, development of contract drawings using 2D and 3D design approaches, BIM design, bid package preparation, field investigations, and support during construction. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for building things, meeting new people, mentoring staff, and collaborate with seasoned professionals who perform industrial and municipal electrical, and other water/wastewater work. Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as project manager, task manager, or perform as lead discipline (electrical, I&C) person on projects as appropriate
- Scope and budget projects, identify method of project execution and coordinate staff assignments
- Successfully manage and execute electrical and/or I&C designs to be on time and on budget using company systems and tools
- Collaborate with a national team of technical experts, technical sellers, and the national discipline lead for the Electrical and I&C group
- Build and maintain client relationships while promoting and integrating company-wide initiatives and values
- Be self-motivated with an outgoing personality and excellent planning and communication skills
- Producing effective and accurate written documents, reports, and technical memorandums
- Travel to client and other BC office locations as needed (travel estimated to be 25%)
- BS in Electrical, Computer Science, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with emphasis in Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Professional registration or have the ability to be licensed in 6 months
- Experience in working with remote teams in executing design projects
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Experience in industrial power systems design, feeder and branch circuits, lighting, emergency power and power distribution equipment is a plus.
- Familiarity or direct experience in designing I&C systems
- Communication systems design experience is desired but not required
- Knowledge in the application of the National Electrical Code as it relates to electrical design is a plus
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and written
- Effective oral and written communication
- Candidate should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight and pressured deadlines
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.