For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
Brown and Caldwell seeks a Senior Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) Delivery Leader focused on the Industrial Water market with an established track record of developing, winning, and executing IPD projects and programs, including design-build, EPCM, CMAR and design for design-build forms of delivery. The Senior IPD Delivery Leader is highly recognized and regarded in Brown and Caldwell, with the opportunity to develop and manage a team to successfully deliver projects in our growing IPD practice.
Effective development and deployment of resource teams to construction efforts is paramount to the Senior IPD Delivery Leader’s success. He or she will be responsible for supporting senior IPD delivery leadership in delivery of specific projects as the basis of IPD portfolio development for key clients in the Food & Beverage, Landfill Liquids, Oil & Gas, Chemical/Pharmaceutical, Mining, Manufacturing, Aerospace and Power sectors, with a balanced focus on project development and delivery of construction services.
Characteristics of the successful candidate include the proven ability to develop and sustain significant revenue from construction and design/build projects in the Industrial Water market. The successful candidate will maintain, leverage and expand their exceptional relationships with local and national resources and teams. The candidate will have the ability to navigate and align the client organization with BC’s team of experts and resources, manage and/or oversee IPD project assignments, and ensure profitable IPD project performance with superior quality, while exceeding client expectations.
Equal focus will be on developing projects and delivering design/build and construction solutions, and supporting efforts to develop the same. The successful candidate will align to the IPD Senior Design-Build Operations Delivery Leader and interface with the Industrial Water Service Line Director, Industrial Water Market Sector Leaders, and IPD Development and Delivery Teams. Other responsibilities will include:
Other responsibilities to include:
- Project Development. Serve as the business development partner to the Industrial Water Service Line for all IPD opportunities. Apply BC’s Plan-to-Win (PTW) positioning and sales processes. As required, serve as the sales manager on select opportunities.
- Project Delivery. Serve as a project manager for key clients, when necessary and appropriate. Manage BC multi-disciplinary resources to deliver service and products across one or more IPD projects to assigned client(s). Ensure that BC’s IPD project delivery system is applied and that quality reviews are performed.
- Understand critical success factors. Leverage existing relationships to develop and maintain a deep understanding of the critical success factors (CSFs) of the organization (including the various departments and employees within the organization).
- Track Financial Information related to IPD delivery. Use BC’s project accounting system to track project performance, project profitability and other key financial metrics.
- Operations. As needed, provide input to IPD and business unit leadership to contribute sales planning data necessary to forecast resource planning, hiring, and revenue and profitability goals.
- Leadership. Coordinate with other company leadership and direct teams to help achieve company and project performance goals.
- Visibility. Promote BC market exposure, with an IPD emphasis, through support of selected regional and/or national conferences and committees.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in environmental engineering and construction work in public and private market sectors with progressive responsibilities including project management and business development.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and contracting for profitable design/build and/or construction services projects.
- Proven track record of successfully managing design/build and construction projects to effectively deliver all contract requirements, while exceeding client expectations, and profitable performance.
- Ability to successfully support the development of new business opportunities
- Ability to support the development of new markets for IPD business expansion and to develop plans for initiating profitable client relations and projects
- Ability to build and lead high performance teams to successfully implement execution plans for profitable performance in design/build and construction projects.
- Ability to leverage knowledge of the overall delivery marketplace to support recruitment of highly qualified additional IPD resources
- Ability to lead preparation of strategically significant IPD proposals (Preconstruction, estimating, scheduling, cost control considerations) and related sales activity to win and close new IPD project opportunities.
- Ability to provide leadership in establishing IPD protocols and standard operating procedures required to manage and grow the IPD delivery organization
- BS engineering or construction management related discipline required
- PE, Construction license or related professional registration preferred
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.