For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
Are you an individual who takes pride in delivering exceptional work? We are currently seeking an experienced Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure Group. This position will be located in our Honolulu office. In this role you will team with strong, nationally recognized, senior technical staff to work on current and future projects involving water and wastewater conveyance, treatment facilities, pumping stations, general civil construction and master planning work.
Upon joining Brown and Caldwell, you will become part of a unique and welcoming culture. We offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative and supportive environment, which fosters personal development and encourages you to excel in your work. You will be entrusted by our project managers and external clients to “do the right thing” in successfully and efficiently completing tasks, and provided the flexibility and responsibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work performed by us is exciting, challenging and wide‑ranging; and, so is our client base.
Perform engineering work in the water and wastewater utility infrastructure engineering field. Develop engineering designs, including preparation of reports, construction plans, technical specifications, hydraulic models and cost estimates for various types of projects. Verify contractor performance or conformity with plans and specifications through field inspection and testing.
Responsibilities may also include the following:
- Planning, design and engineering services during construction of water and wastewater pipelines, pumping stations and treatment facilities.
- General civil engineering design and construction.
- Permitting and regulatory requirements.
- Infiltration/Inflow (I/I) analysis and pipeline condition assessment.
- Flow monitoring and hydraulic modeling.
- Pipeline design including trenchless rehabilitation and trenchless installation design.
- Master planning and design of water and wastewater projects.
- Storm water Best Management Practice (BMP) planning and design
- Project Management (depending on previous experience).
- Business development (depending on previous experience).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in Civil, Chemical, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Hawaii P.E. and minimum of 5 years of experience in general civil engineering design, permitting and regulatory requirements, and municipal utility infrastructure engineering.
- Knowledge, experience and proficiency in AutoCAD, Microstation, Civil 3D, GIS, modeling/analytical software and/or Microsoft Office are preferred.
- Familiarity and knowledge of agency design and construction codes, guidelines and requirements are also preferred.
- Previous project management and business development experience are pluses.
- Candidate must have strong, confident verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively well both independently, as well as, an integral member of multi-discipline teams.
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.