For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We consult, design, construct and deliver best-in-class solutions. Our mission is to be the environmental company of choice for our clients. Our purpose is to be the place where employees come to do their best work – resulting in a highly engaged workforce, extraordinarily satisfied clients and work product that positively impacts the environment.
Our New York City office has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Management Business Leader/ Client Service Manager to join our New York City team. This position offers a significant and unique career opportunity to set the strategic direction for the Construction Management Practice in the region. Business development, effective engaged team leadership, and strong construction management and delivery in the water/wastewater industry are essential to candidate success. In this role, you will be entrusted to grow our business, deliver high quality solutions and services and lead talent in a way that continues to set us apart as the best place to work in our industry.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be at the forefront of building an innovative and industry leading construction management practice, partnering with experienced professionals, and a passion for building large civil infrastructure projects, we have a career changing opportunity for you.
Partner and collaborate with local and national teams and senior management to lead the growth and profitability of the construction management practice while providing leadership and mentoring to staff.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Understand construction management market and grow it in alignment with the company’s core strategic goals and imperatives, standards, operational model and values
- Lead the development and execution of the construction management business plan and meet company objectives including growth, profitability and diversification targets in the Northeast Area and East Region
- Develop high-value client relationships, while representing BC with key clients and teaming partners
- Lead key opportunity proposal strategy, positioning, teaming, messaging and interview development
- Engage and cultivate client service teams to support understanding and delivering on client needs and expectations
- Make Health and Safety a top priority; ensure compliance with company’s and client’s health and safety programs
- Leverage the Enterprise Model and teams to deliver projects and outcomes that make both the local region and broader company successful
- Build and sustain strong, deep and sincere relationships with clients – ensuring they continue to make BC their company of choice
- Operate with passion and optimism by inspiring others, chasing after continuous improvement and innovation, demonstrating good judgement, ethical decision making, and delivering high-impact results
- Recognize, appreciate and advance the team mentality that makes BC unique and successful.
- Make the acquisition, development, engagement and performance of talent their highest commitment – realizing that talent is our business and the way BC will continue to grow
- Provide, oversee and direct onsite owner construction management and resident engineering for significant infrastructure and other water/wastewater projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS degree, Master’s degree preferable, in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- PE in New York or ability to obtain through reciprocity within 6 months of hire
- Minimum of 15 years of increasingly-responsible, professional experience in the design and construction administration of municipal infrastructure, water, and wastewater facilities.
- Strong communication and management skills along with business development/marketing experience essential
- Ability to successfully manage clients and projects in a collaborative fashion
- Proven working experience in design and construction management of projects of varying size in large urban areas
- Thorough working knowledge of civil, structural, architectural, process and building mechanical and electrical construction practices involved with major public works projects
- Ability to provide design/consultation in specialized areas, make decisions and solve problems
- Knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods. “Certified Construction Manager (CCM)” certification through CMAA preferred
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, local and national building codes, and quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a QA/QC program for construction projects as well as to review, analyze, and negotiate construction cost estimates, change orders, and contractor claims
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver on multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Candidate must have a current and valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Knowledge of standard professional software such as MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Expert working knowledge and experience using construction management software packages (Primavera P6, eBuilder, Microsoft Project scheduling software)