For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical senior designer to join our growing team. Equipment upgrades, raceway 2D and 3D layout design, low and medium voltage plant power distribution system design, motor control centers, drives, motors, I&C wiring diagrams, and related equipment for plant power and control systems are services in high demand from our clients. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a senior designer to leverage their skills, do challenging and meaningful work, and protect the earth’s resources at the same time. If you are looking for a part-time opportunity to work on in the potable water, wastewater, infrastructure and environmental arena on both the public and private side, with the potential to gain new knowledge, skills, and relationships in a collaborative, innovative and supportive environment, let’s talk.
In this role, your responsibilities will include conceptual development, layout and selection of equipment, development of contract drawings using 2D and 3D design approaches, bid package preparation, field investigations, and support during construction. We are looking for candidates who have a proven track record of executing industrial and municipal electrical, I&C, and other water/wastewater work. Primary responsibilities include:
- Use AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP to prepare design documents both in 2D and 3D model space. Experience with Revit, and Navis Review preferred, but not required.
- Prepare layouts and perform final drafting tasks from simple instructions.
- Design lead working closely with engineers and other designers to deliver a completed design project.
- Demonstrate skills with thorough knowledge of procedures, practices, as well as of the National Electrical Code.
- Research electrical equipment standards and specifications, design equipment layout with coordination with process mechanical, produce circuit and panel schedules, conduct engine generator sizing using vendor software
- Perform contractor construction submittal reviews and request for information documents, perform electrical calculations including short circuit, voltage drop, equipment sizing, and research.
- Producing effective and accurate written documents, reports, and technical memorandums
- Collaborate with a national team of technical experts in the Electrical and I&C group
- Minimum 5 years of experience using AutoCAD (up to most recent 2017 release) for completing construction design packages; municipal or industrial electrical design preferred. Experience with Revit, and Navis Review preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience using AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP for Electrical related design modeling.
- Knowledge of NEC requirements for industrial and commercial installations; NEC knowledge shall include working clearances and access, and conduit and conductor sizing.
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and written
- Effective oral and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to multi-task, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and work independently with a willingness to learn
- Candidate should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight and pressured deadlines
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.