For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Are you an individual who takes pride in delivering exceptional work? We are currently seeking a self-motivated process mechanical engineer to join us in our Charlotte, NC office. You should have an interest and familiarity with environmental engineering and process mechanical design as it pertains to municipal and industrial plant design (process equipment, piping, and controls) and for the water industry (wastewater, potable water, and surface water). You will work with and be mentored by strong, nationally recognized, senior technical staff on various water-related projects.
When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture and we are proud that many of our employees have been with us a decade or more. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to learn, grow, and have fun while doing your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
In this role you will be performing calculations and preparing technical drawings, specifications, and reports in support of project managers for a variety of municipal and industrial water and wastewater projects. You will have the opportunity to visit project sites at various phases of projects including equipment evaluation, process testing and troubleshooting, construction inspection, and other types of field work. You will support projects locally, regionally, and nationally and some local travel will be required.
- Execute work on wastewater and water utilities and industrial facilities including treatment plant, pumping station, and bio-system facility planning and design
- Work on engineering designs preparing reports, construction plans, specifications, calculations, equipment selection, and cost estimates for various projects
- Check performance or conformity with plans and specifications through field inspection and testing
- Assist with the preparation of technical memoranda, reports and electronic deliverables
- Assist with studies, permitting and alternative analysis
- Duties may also include field activities such as site investigations
- Data collection, manipulation, analysis, and documentation
- Direct the work of drafters and designers, coordinate with other disciplines
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil/ Environmental Engineering; M.S. degree preferred
- EIT Certification (Fundamentals of Engineering Exam) or ability to obtain within 6-months
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record may be required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) preferred
- Experience using engineering calculation software (Mathcad, etc.) preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills essential
- Previous related experience of 0-3 years
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.