||Brown and Caldwell is the largest engineering firm of its kind—solely focused on the U.S. environmental sector. With offices throughout the country, we have opportunities nationwide to work on some of our most exciting environmental projects.
Manager, Software Development
For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
Manager, IS Development
Brown and Caldwell, a nationwide environmental engineering and construction firm, has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Software Development in the Denver, CO office. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a dynamic work environment, and whose enthusiasm, creativity, organization and winning attitude can contribute to the success of our high-performance team.
When you join Brown and Caldwell, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
- Provide leadership, direction, and vision to a team of DevOps and Release Engineers
- Ensure that project initiatives and tasks are prioritized and being executed on according to project schedules and technical best practices
- Monitor ticket queues to make sure work is not sitting unassigned or staying at an in-progress state for times that violate SLAs
- Effectively communicate on development and operational support work status and priority setting
- Maintain an understanding of current technologies, their trends, business strategies and capabilities, and their implications on the current environment
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others
- Participate in the design and development of systems and solutions to support business needs
- Facilitate the development and documentation of business processes and assist in driving the formulation, scoping and development of overall technical/ business solutions
- Identify and document gaps between current and future business processes
- Leads in performing feasibility analysis considering technical, infrastructural, organizational and economic aspects to alternative solutions
- Application & System Support:
- Assist with the maintenance of existing applications that support the business
- Apply technology to business processes with goal to optimize, leverage, and standardize use of business systems
- Collaborate with internal project team to resolve identified issues
- Ensure that troubleshooting is conducted from the Run Book. The Run Book should be constantly referenced and updated
- Support and improve the tools for continuous build and deploy, automated testing, logging, security, monitoring and release management from development to production
- Performs a Technical Lead role on assigned projects and ensures compliance with Project Management methodologies
- Leverage Scrum and Kanban Agile development practices
- Be hands on and actively review code alongside the team, with time balanced between development, code review and management
- Assist in building continuous integration systems
- Participate in architectural and code reviews
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5+ years managing software teams leveraging DevOps principles
- 3+ years of experience in SQL Server 2012/2016, T-SQL
- 3+ years of hands on ETL design and development experience
- 3+ Experience with Data Delivery and Analytics – SSRS, SSAS, PowerPivot and PowerBI
- 3+ Experience with Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing concepts and BI tools
- 3+ Experience in web application development using Microsoft stack C#, MVC
- 3+ Experience with SOA concepts
- 3+ Experience documenting IT systems, and technical writing
- 5+ Experience with web development ASP.Net, C#, Ajax, Java
- 5+ Experience with software development methodologies: waterfall and agile
- Ability to understand highly complex business rules specific to BC systems and troubleshoot problems and analyze data as it applies to those complex business rules.
- Ability to collect and compile information from all levels of the development team and effectively present and communicate that information to leadership.
- Ability to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the collaborations.
- Network troubleshooting and virtualization support experience
- Knowledge of cloud deployment concepts
VENDORS - We are not utilizing recruitment vendors for this search. Do not send unsolicited resumes as we have approved vendors in place should our needs change.
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results