For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
Currently our Atlanta office has an exciting opportunity for a Site/Infrastructure Civil Designer to join our Civil Design Discipline Team. You will work on various projects to support buried infrastructure efforts for local clients, in addition to municipal, industrial and federal clients. We offer a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to develop innovative, cost effective designs for new facilities, expansions, upgrades and retrofits.
When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture and we are proud that many of our employees have been with us a decade or more. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
In this role you will work directly with engineers on 3D, multi-discipline designs for facilities primarily serving the water and wastewater industries utilizing Autodesk software (AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and NavisWorks). Project work includes; development of civil layout drawings of underground utility systems, grading, roads and buildings. This position requires knowledge of gravity and pressure pipeline plan and profile development, cut and fill calculations, stream restoration designs, water quality infrastructure design and design of final grading. Development of contract drawings, field investigations, and support during construction are also important.
- Use Autodesk programs to design 3D civil models for use by other design disciplines as well as contractors on projects for municipal, private industrial, and federal clients.
- Prepare 3D models and layouts and perform final drafting tasks from general instructions or conceptual information.
- Demonstrate skills with thorough knowledge of procedures, practices, and use of the Autodesk software, including; AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D programs.
- Assist in design efforts for municipal projects related to water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, and pipelines. Tasks include design, modeling and drafting, coordinating workload with engineering staff, and interacting with the design team, client, subcontractors, utilities, and teaming partners.
- Work within company design standards and specifications to prepare drawings in conjunction with other design disciplines.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in municipal and/or industrial civil design or Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering with 1 to 5+ years of work experience.
- Knowledge and understanding or desire to learn AutoCAD & AutoCAD Civil 3D software specific to gravity and pressure pipeline design, and general knowledge of earthwork and grading
- Experience implementing and maintaining project directories and file sharing protocol with subconsultants
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Field/construction experience a plus
- GIS experience a plus
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.