For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
Brown and Caldwell, a nationwide environmental engineering and construction firm, has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Communications Lead in our Walnut Creek, CA office. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a dynamic work environment, and whose enthusiasm, creativity, organization and winning attitude can contribute to the success of our high-performance team.
When you join Brown and Caldwell, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
The Marketing Lead contributes to a broad portfolio of external marketing and internal communications programs, reporting to the Marketing Communications Director. Externally, the position cultivates media relationships, actively pursues publicity opportunities, and both manages and serves as a primary contributor to the development and publishing of web sites, blogs, social media and videos. Internally, the position conceptualizes and writes stories for the intranet news homepage, and contributes to a variety of marketing resources that are used by employees nationwide. The position supports execution of corporate brand strategy and implementation of brand across all channels and business units.
You will apply your excellent writing skills (copywriting, press releases, blogs/articles) to develop an array of compelling marketing and communications pieces that advance our strategic messages and resonate with target audiences. A key responsibility will be to lead BC’s media/public relations efforts and pitch stories for placement in key industry publications. The Marketing Lead will also be the primary driver of Brown and Caldwell’s blog ( www.bc1water.com ) – contributing to content development and production, writing, reviewing, editing, and coordinating with contributors (inside and outside of BC). You will also contribute to and lead marketing campaigns for major conferences or other strategic initiatives.
Desired Skills and Requirements:
- 7+ years of related experience in Architecture, Engineering or Construction marketing.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations/mass communications, journalism, or a related field is highly desired, though a commensurate level of work experience will be considered.
- The thrill of the chase – must have a personal drive to actively pursue publicity opportunities.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen ability to adapt tone and style depending on the audience and communication channel (140-character tweet vs. a college recruiting brochure vs. a press release).
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously is essential, as is the willingness to accomplish individual assignments and manage the efforts of others.
- Knowledge and experience with content marketing, blogging and social media best practices is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with highly technical subject matter experts and professional and marketing staff at all levels.
- Solid interpersonal skills and a motivated self-starter and team player.
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.