Are you an individual who takes pride in delivering exceptional work? We are currently seeking a Principal Engineer/Project Manager in our growing Aging Infrastructure Group.
When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delivering exceptional client service and has a history of managing successful projects and project teams. Primary responsibilities will include project management, project delivery and technical sales. In this role we offer a great variety in your work. We are also looking for someone with experience or interest in the evaluation, planning, design and construction administration of water, wastewater, and recycled water infrastructure projects including proposal, scope and fee development, alignment studies, condition assessments, rehabilitation evaluation and design for trenchless rehabs, pipelines and pump stations.
Additional responsibilities will include:
· Actively manage assigned projects to meet budget and profitability goals for projects assigned
· Manage and execute work involving conventional types of civil and utility engineering principles and other related activities for new and existing wastewater, conveyance, and civil/site projects
· Develop and prepare specifications, detailed design drawings, reports, planning, and construction submittal reviews calculations, models and other technical deliverables for civil/utility, conveyance and infrastructure related projects
· Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to make adaptations and modifications to projects
· Lead project team in planning and/or designing a major engineering project and coordinate special planning, economic, and engineering studies
· Direct the work of, communicate effectively and coordinate with, project teams including other disciplines (drafters, designers and other engineers)
· Delegate and oversee the work of subordinate technical staff and engineers
· Provide consultation in specialized areas (wastewater/water conveyance and civil design), make decisions and solve problems
· Prepare and make presentations to clients and for professional meetings
· Assist with business development pursuits, as requested
· Position may require local travel and off-site field visits
Desired Skills and Experience:
· B.S. degree in related engineering field (Civil, Environmental etc.)
· 8-15 years of progressively increasing responsibility required
· Professional Engineer registration and ability to acquire PE in other states
· NASSCO PACP/MACP/LACP certification and desire to become Trainer
· Strong project management or project engineer skills desired
· Experience with condition assessment of water and wastewater infrastructure for gravity and pressure mains
· Experience designing water and wastewater pipelines and pipeline rehabilitation projects
· Experience with wastewater pump station and potable or recycled water pump station design preferred
· This is a seller-doer role with heavy seller experience needed.