For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
Our Northern California Region is looking for an Area PMO Leader!
In coordination with Area and Local leaders, you will be a core member of the strategic leadership team and make key contributions in making the region's operations successful. You will lead the Area Program Management Office to oversee the execution, documentation, and quality of all Area projects. Utilizing a project delivery background, you will work to establish scheduling of work products, project timelines, performance indicators, risk management and recovery strategies for the areas priority projects. For ongoing operations, you will develop, recommend and implement project controls and cost-effective approaches in support of Area’s revenue, profit, and risk objectives while identifying and analyzing potential sources of loss to minimize risk and estimate the potential financial consequences of an occurring loss.
A member of the Area leadership team responsible for the maintenance, expansion and profitable operation of the Area. Plays a role in formulating and executing the strategic direction of the Area operation, in partnership with Local, Regional, and Corporate management.
Provides oversight and support to multiple projects at different phases of development and provides insight to the proposed delivery plan and overall status as it relates to the contract requirements and internal performance requirements. Drive project delivery by establishing schedule of work products and project timelines, and monitor performance indicators, risk management, and recovery strategies for the Area’s priority projects.
- Work with Company Enterprise Leadership to identify and staff Area priority projects.
- Lead commitment to non-financial goals, such as:
- Ensure quality, client service, clarity of work product and projects.
- Promote and support technical systems improvements driven by company initiatives
- Review scope, schedule and budget for proposals.
- Interact with clients, project managers, discipline leaders and assigned staff to confirm work is progressing per schedule and budget and that the work is being developed to the appropriate level of completeness and quality.
- Support the facilitation of change management and risk management for large projects or programs.
- Perform quality reviews for planning, engineering, administrative and construction tasks.
- Supervise multiple individuals and teams for an effective and engaged team.
- Provides leadership, oversight, and reporting in support of company initiatives, requirements, and controls including:
- Contracted backlog
- Actual/forcasted revenue accrual
- Resource forecasting and gap analysis
- Cost of sales Earned Value compliance
- A-Log Compliance
- Administration of PM Certification
- Participation (as-needed) in various company workgroups focused on Project Management
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in Civil, Environmental, or related Engineering field; MS degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with municipal water/wastewater utility engineering
- P.E. certification.
- Previous proven and successful project management experience on large municipal projects as either the lead or in an assistant project manager role with ability to obtain direct client references.
- Strong communication skills i.e. ability to communicate orally and in writing - across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command.
- The ability to influence people to get things done.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to proactively deal with conflict.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion to accomplish results
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.