For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
Are you an individual who routinely provides head-turning responsiveness to your clients? Do your clients routinely compliment you on your technical work, customer service, and responsiveness? Are you seeking a new challenge where you can continue to do your best work, yet reach a new level in your professional career? If your answer to these questions is yes, we would like to talk to you!
Brown and Caldwell’s Phoenix office has an exciting opportunity for a Hydrogeologist/Geologist to join our Site Investigation & Remediation Practice. This is a great opportunity to support an established and growing team of talented hydrogeologists, earth scientists, and engineers. You will work on projects that involve clean water and/or contaminated water issues.
In addition to supporting hydrogeologic assessment projects, you will have an exciting opportunity to participate in water resources related projects as follows:
• Groundwater Production Well Siting, Investigations, and Construction;
• Groundwater Recharge, Storage, and Recovery;
• Source Water and Aquifer Hydrologic Characterization; and
• Water Resources Planning.
- Manage a variety of site investigation, remediation, and/or water resources projects.
- Technical report writing, analysis of field data, and delivery of professional advice to your colleagues and clients.
- Execute and manage diverse projects for municipal and private sector clients. Manage projects in a manner that exceeds client expectations in terms of technical work product, deadlines and budgets.
- Devise, implement, and oversee field programs.
- Work independently and with multi-disciplined teams to meet project objectives.
- Participate in the development of business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Coordinate with and manage subcontractors including drillers, waste handling, and remedial construction contractors.
- Field work may include (but not necessarily limited to) sampling soil, surface water, groundwater; overseeing drilling operations, borehole logging, well installation; coordinating/oversight of construction, drilling, geophysical logging subcontractors.
- BS Degree in hydrogeology, geology or environmental science field; MS Degree a plus
- Knowledgeable in local and/or regional hydrogeology
- At least 4 years of experience in site investigation & remediation projects
- CERCLA/Superfund site experience a plus but not mandatory
- Project management experience a plus but not mandatory. Able to successfully deliver projects and superior service to clients from start (scope of work/budget development) to finish (project closeout) in a manner that results in repeat business
- Strong verbal and written (technical writing) communication skills required
- Experience in the consulting field desired
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.