For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
We have an exciting opportunity for an engineer or scientist with experience in watershed restoration design, construction and project management to join our growing team. We are seeking a motivated, achievement-oriented individual who can help us fulfill our commitment to deliver client success on each and every project we undertake. This position will provide project management, project engineering, and client service involvement on a variety of stormwater related projects. Specific work can include planning, design, regulatory compliance and permitting, field investigations, feasibility studies, design documentation, report writing, construction inspection and other tasks on current and future projects in Maryland, Virginia and across the Mid-Atlantic Area. Client service and support for marketing and proposals may also be included in this role.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for the right candidate to continue to build upon their career, do challenging and meaningful work, and protect the earth’s resources at the same time. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in the water resources arena with the potential to gain new knowledge, skills, and relationships in a collaborative, innovative and supportive environment, let’s talk.
This position offers the opportunity for significant professional growth while supporting water resources projects throughout Maryland, Virginia, and other Mid-Atlantic states. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for building things, working collaboratively as part of a local, regional and national team, and desire to learn from seasoned professionals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage and lead design and other environmental engineering projects.
- Provide oversight and direction to engineering project teams. Coordination with project team members, task leaders, and personnel located in multiple offices.
- Coordinate with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, designers and regulatory agencies
- Provide MS4 and other regulatory compliance, permit support and coordination with multiple agencies.
- Coordinate all aspects of projects including planning, condition assessment, detailed design, construction administration, landscaping, natural resources, civil design, utilities and community interaction.
- Prepare engineering reports, technical memorandums, specifications.
- Provide engineering services during construction, including coordinating responses to contractor questions and review of shop drawings.
- Research literature and develop solutions to complex scientific problems.
- Lead or participate in field work, site visits, and data collection in a variety of areas and weather conditions
- Be proactive in predicting, identifying, and solving project problems.
- Manage project staff workloads, budgets, schedules and quality control
- Professional association committee involvement.
- Expansion of client base and current client relationships.
- Some technical sales through effective project delivery to aid in acquiring and securing additional future work for the company
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor´s or master’s degree in water resources, civil or environmental engineering, geomorphology, landscape architecture or related field
- Minimum five years of experience planning, managing and designing stormwater and water resources related projects
- Strong analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Must be able to successfully manage and deliver on multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Interest in working throughout Maryland, Virginia and other areas within the Mid-Atlantic region
- PE or equivalent licensing in Maryland and Virginia, or ability to obtain licensing in these states through reciprocity within 6 months is desired