For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
We have an exciting opportunity for an engineer with experience in MS4 regulatory compliance and stormwater management facility (SWMF) design/construction/project management to join our growing team. We are seeking a motivated, achievement-oriented individual who can help us fulfill our commitment to deliver client success on each and every project we undertake. This position will provide project management, project engineering, and client service involvement on a variety of stormwater related projects. Specific work can include planning, design, regulatory compliance and permitting, field investigations, feasibility studies, design documentation, report writing, construction inspection and other tasks on current and future projects in Virginia Beach and across the Mid-Atlantic Area. Client service and support for marketing and proposals may also be included in this role.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for the right candidate to continue to build upon their career, do challenging and meaningful work, and protect the earth’s resources at the same time. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in the water resources arena with the potential to gain new knowledge, skills, and relationships in a collaborative, innovative and supportive environment, let’s talk.
This position offers the opportunity for significant professional growth while supporting water resources projects throughout Virginia Beach and other Mid-Atlantic states. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for building things, working collaboratively as part of a local, regional and national team, and desire to learn from seasoned professionals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead our local water resources team of engineers and scientists
- Manage and lead design and other environmental engineering projects.
- Provide oversight and direction to engineering project teams. Coordination with project team members, task leaders, and personnel located in multiple offices.
- Coordinate with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, designers and regulatory agencies
- Provide MS4 and other regulatory compliance, permit support and coordination with multiple agencies.
- Coordinate all aspects of projects including planning, condition assessment, detailed design, construction administration, landscaping, natural resources, civil design, utilities and community interaction.
- Prepare engineering reports, technical memorandums, specifications.
- Research literature and develop solutions to complex scientific problems.
- Be proactive in predicting, identifying, and solving project problems.
- Manage project staff workloads, budgets, schedules and quality control
- Professional association committee involvement.
- Expansion of client base and current client relationships.
- Bachelor´s or master’s degree in water resources, civil or environmental engineering
- Minimum ten years of experience planning, managing and designing stormwater and water resources related projects
- Strong analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Must be able to successfully manage and deliver on multiple tasks with competing priorities
- PE or equivalent licensing in Virginia, or ability to obtain licensing in these states through reciprocity within 6 months is desired
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.