For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Are you an individual who takes pride in leading teams and delivering exceptional work? We have an exciting opportunity for an Office Leader and Client Service Manager (CSM) with a demonstrated background in business development, client relations, mentoring staff, and delivery of municipal water, wastewater, stormwater, and environmental engineering projects. This position will be based in our Milwaukee, Wisconsin office and will constitute a key leadership role in promoting and growing our business in the Wisconsin and Northern Illinois area. In this capacity, you will have responsibilities that include overseeing the administration of the Milwaukee office employees, sales, client development, client relationship management, professional engineering services, proposal writing and contract scope, schedule and price preparation, and client service team leadership. This position also includes being part of Brown and Caldwell’s Midwest Area Leadership Team.
When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture and we are proud that many of our employees have been with us a decade or more. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
In this position you will work closely with the Midwest Area Leader and other team members to help lead the development and execution of the Milwaukee Office business plan with input into our overall Area-wide business plan while meeting company objectives including growth, profitability and diversification targets in the area and region. You will help service existing and develop new key clients each year relative to planned targets and with the assistance of other senior staff in the office and region. As the Local Leader, you will manage the day to day operations of the Milwaukee office. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Provide marketing and technical leadership during the procurement and execution of key projects
- Lead projects related to BC’s One Water approach including assignments tailored around planning, studies, and design
- Drive project execution activities to meet revenue and performance goals
- Execute sales plan in collaboration with CSMs and Area Leader
- Lead a group of professionals and recruit new talent
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables
- Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects including remote design staff to ensure proper and timely execution on projects
- Resolve client issues in a professional and appropriate manner, and promote/insure project execution and delivery
- Maintain liaison with clients, BC regional and national practitioners, and jurisdictional agencies
- Help mentor, and provide direction for less experienced staff
- B.S. degree in related engineering field (Civil, Environmental etc.) required; M.S. degree in related engineering field with a focus on wastewater and water preferred
- Professional registration in Wisconsin, or the credentials to obtain registration in a timely manner is required
- 15 or more years of increasingly-responsible experience with previous project management experience required
- Previous supervisory experience with strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with water/wastewater/water resources design, planning and studies along with leadership on projects
- Ability to successfully manage clients and projects in a collaborative fashion and interface with Brown and Caldwell’s local, regional, and national water and wastewater practitioners as well as help mentor junior staff
- Self-starter, results-oriented and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Successful marketing, proposal writing, proposal management, and public presentations experience a plus
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.