For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our growing team. Electrical equipment upgrades, low and medium voltage plant power distribution system design, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, control wiring diagrams, arc flash hazards analysis, short circuit coordination studies, power quality studies, and related equipment for plant power are services in high demand from our clients. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a midlevel engineer to continue to build upon their engineering career, do challenging and meaningful work, and protect the earth’s resources at the same time. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in the potable water, wastewater, infrastructure and environmental arena on both the public and private side, with the potential to gain new knowledge, skills, and relationships in a collaborative, innovative and supportive environment, let’s talk.
For the right candidate, this position offers the opportunity for significant professional growth and the potential to collaborate with local and national teams. In this role, your responsibilities will include power system coordination modeling, conceptual design development, layout and selection of equipment, development of construction contract drawings using 2D and 3D design approaches using AutoCAD, bid package preparation, field investigations, system testing, startups, and commissioning and other support services during construction both in the office and the field. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for building things, meeting new people, and desire to work with seasoned professionals who perform industrial. Municipal and other water/wastewater related work. Primary responsibilities include:
- Work on projects that are in construction providing field services design engineering support, performing contractor construction submittal reviews and request for information documents.
- Successfully execute electrical designs to be on time and on budget using company systems and tools
- Support business opportunities and assist in sales and marketing efforts (proposal preparation, interviewing, scope, fee, etc.)
- Desire to learn how to design instrumentation and control system, which include networks, PLC panels, motor controls, valve controls, and instrumentation wiring.
- Producing effective and accurate written documents, reports, and technical memorandums
- Collaborate with a national team of technical experts in the Electrical and I&C group
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Professional registration in Utah or the ability to obtain within 3 years
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Electrical Engineer
- Experience in industrial power systems design, service entrance, feeder and branch circuits, lighting, emergency power and power distribution equipment is desired
- Field experience supporting projects that are in construction a plus
- Knowledge in the application of the National Electrical Code
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical safety systems, NFPA 70E
- Effective oral and written communication
- Able to multi-task, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and work independently with a willingness to learn
- Candidate should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight and pressured deadlines
- AutoCAD 2014 or newer. Experience using Revit or MEP is a plus.
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.