Our South Bay office has a unique opportunity for Client Service Manager / Project Manager. You will work with a diverse team to implement large projects for Brown and Caldwell’s South Bay Area clients especially focusing on the municipal clients. In collaboration with the Area Leader, other Client Service Managers, Technical Service Leaders, and the Marketing Manager, you will maintain and develop client relationships, connect BC solutions to client needs, lead project teams in quality project delivery, and guide procurement stages leading to new opportunities. Our office is located in beautiful downtown San Jose, with easy access to CALTRAIN, VTA and other public transportation options! If you currently live in the Santa Cruz / Monterey peninsula, this position also provides flexibility of working locally.
When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
Business Development / Client Service Management (Time commitment varies)
In this capacity you will serve as a key member of the Client Service Team (CST) and interact directly with the Client project managers and other key stakeholders. Specific duties may include the following:
· Attend council and board meetings for key clients
· Track and monitor opportunities internally on WorkSmart
· Identify projects and opportunities, stand alone or under existing Master Services Agreements (MSAs)
· Perform Client wellness check-ins
· Connect SMEs with the Client Team members
· Write winning proposals
Project Management (Time commitment varies)
In this capacity you will serve as the project manager and lead the team to execute work involving conventional types of civil engineering principals and other related activities for infrastructure projects. Specific duties may include the following:
· Develop scope, schedule and budget for engineering proposals.
· Identify and procure engineering staff for each project team.
· Facilitate multiple, concurrent project delivery and execution (including managing subconsultants) on time, on budget and with expected level of quality.
· Interact with clients, project managers, discipline leaders and assigned staff to confirm work is progressing per schedule and budget and that the work is being developed to the appropriate level of completeness and quality.
· Simplify complex topics for non-technical audiences and prepare quick pointed summaries for executives, clients and stakeholders.
· Perform quality reviews for planning, engineering, administrative and construction tasks
· Supervise multiple individuals and teams for an effective and engaged team
· Assist with the preparation and review of technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents.
· Provide technical marketing support during the procurement of key projects as requested.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· B.S. degree in related engineering field (Civil, Environmental etc.) required; M.S. degree in related engineering field with a focus on wastewater and water services preferred.
· Professional Engineer registration in the State of California, or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
· A minimum of 7 years’ experience in consulting and engineering services in the environmental sector with progressive responsibilities including business development and project delivery especially for water and wastewater municipal clients.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, lead strong project teams meeting project requirements, and provide strong business growth results in management roles.
· Proven understanding of environmental and regulatory drivers for clients and projects.
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resources allocation, leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources.
· Proven technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually are required.
· Ability to motivate others and lead teams to implement plans for projects and client pursuits.
· Strong negotiation skills.
CH2M wastewater design-build