(T) Manager, Field Operations
Why choose Bell?
Bell Technical Solutions (BTS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bell Canada that specializes in the installation of Bell services, including Home phone, Internet and Fibe TV. BTS operates in the residential and business sectors throughout Québec and Ontario. With more than 6000 employees, BTS has experienced strong growth since its foundation in 1996 and continues to distinguish itself from the competition through highly skilled labour and high-calibre service.
When you choose BTS, you are choosing a company that focuses on job creation, professional development and career advancement. Join our team of professionals if you want to make your career aspirations a reality. Better careers start here.
What is the opportunity?
As a member of the Field Operations team, you will join our efforts to provide superior customer service to Bell customers by managing and developing our very diverse and widespread workforce of unionized technicians. Operating in a fast, ever changing industry, our team of leaders support our corporate values through the successful execution of departmental objectives in the areas of health and safety, customer service, efficiency, revenue, and product promotion.
What will you do?
- Lead a team of technicians to success with active coaching and leadership while also supporting our values of superior customer service
- Foster strong working relationships through mutual respect, recognition and commitment;
- Demonstrate a drive for results by establishing expectations and targets for individuals and the team;
- Create and work with employee performance analytics to identify improvement opportunities;
- Provide encouragement, support and development opportunities for team members;
- Recognize and leverage talent within team to help improve overall results;
- Strong documentation and presentation skills;
- Administrate day-to-day activities (scheduling, payroll, team meetings, health and safety, coordinate events, etc.)
- Develop relationships with internal and external departments to create opportunities for process improvements
- Utilize superior communication strategies to ensure strong teamwork and guide your group through the continuous improvement program;
- Develop effective partnerships with internal and external client groups (union, managers, clients, etc.) and acts as a point of contact to redirect on site issues.
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-Secondary education in a field related to business management, telecommunications, project management, communications, construction or engineering;
- Experience in a leadership or management position is preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and team building skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word);
- Familiarity with unionized environments and a solid comprehension of workplace dynamics;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Smartphones, PCs, and related applications;
- Strong emphasis on customer service, quality and relationship skills;
- Superior organization, planning, and time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Ability to thrive in a target driven environment;
- Superior communication skills and able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Management experience in a unionized environment
- Progressive managerial experience in the telecommunications, industrial or manufacturing industries with strong emphasis on operations
- Experience with high speed internet, HD / 4K audio visual, fiber optics and home networking is considered an asset (training provided upon employment)
What’s in it for you?
- Great benefits, competitive compensation and access to many discounts & offers
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A dynamic, collaborative and creative team
- Opportunities to develop through training and educational assistance programs
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Note to All Candidates:
Candidates will be reviewed and contacted once a vacancy becomes available.
No guarantee a position will be made available in your area. This is an open job posting for all locations in Ontario for 2020 with no closing date.
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Field/Office
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Career Level: Experienced Management
Pay Type: Salaried
Location : Various Work Centers across Ontario
At Bell Technical Solutions, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Employment Equity team at Equite-Equity@bellsolutionstech.ca