FVP, KYC & Quality Assurance Officer
New York, NY
The KYC & Quality Assurance (QA) Officer is primarily responsible for the Consumer Banking KYC Onboarding and Quality Assurance teams. In this position, the Officer will lead the teams that focus on reviewing, indexing, assessing, and monitoring, the completeness of new account onboarding documentation. Additionally, the Officer will be responsible for creating an efficient and automated workflow for the end-to-end KYC process, including reporting, controls and monitoring functions for the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess the efficiency of the program and develop an enhanced, streamlined process.
- Build out an enhanced tracking system to more effectively report on quality, issues and trends.
- Lead the team of KYC Onboarding Analysts, to oversee the review and quality assurance of incoming documentation.
- Provide support to the team performing basic and advanced due diligence.
- Maintain knowledge of BSA, Compliance and other laws and regulations required to ensure Bank success with regulatory requirements.
- Serves as Deposit Operations contact for BSA related matters; keen understanding of BSA / AML compliance, KYC, and CIP requirements.
- Oversees the KYC & QA Manuals and functions, including the writing, updating, approval, distribution, and re-engineering.
- Escalate any unusual activity resulting from KYC & QA reviews.
- Ensure department and branches are keenly aware and trained on KYC process, risks and requirements
- Develop and implement a monitoring program for various reports and programs within Deposit Operations.
- Ensure compliance readiness with BSA/RISK/ Compliance/ Audit requirements.
- Interact closely with various departments, especially branches/ districts, FCC/BSA, to ensure compliance.
- Report, as needed to Director of Deposit Operations and/ or management committees on progress, challenges, trends.
- Write comprehensive reports detailing results of QC reviews, escalating issues as needed.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and conduct ongoing and ad hoc reporting related to customer onboarding and QA results.
- Work with BSA/ AML Officers to identify and develop training requirements.
- Prepare for and respond to Internal Audit examinations.
- Maintain strong contacts with peers at other financial institutions.
- Represent the Bank in professional and community organizations.
Skills, Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 5 years of relevant experience in a leadership capacity with proven record of leading teams to increased performance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel: Access skills preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate effective leadership.
- Ability to make decisions, recommendations and solve complex problems, while multi-tasking and working independently.
- Ability to complete project assignments in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of, and prior experience in, BSA/ AML/KYC, Retail Banking, Branch Operations.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal banking laws, rules, and regulations.
- Working knowledge of approved operating systems utilized by bank branches, including FIS Miser/S1 or IBS Core experience and report familiarity a plus.
- Must possess a positive attitude, and has the ability to positively influence others.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.