Digital Marketing Specialist
New York, NY
The Digital Marketing Specialist reports to the Digital Marketing Manager and works closely with all Marketing Department team members on a variety of initiatives as part of our integrated marketing plan supporting the Bank’s business strategy. The individual in this position will be a self-starter open to learning and growing across marketing disciplines. The individual must have experience in a business environment, preferably in a marketing or communications support role, be familiar with digital and social media, possess excellent written and oral communications skills and have strong project management skills. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and can work successfully with multiple internal business partners, work with outside resources and represent the Bank with community and other organizations. As with other Marketing team positions, this individual’s role will be key in achieving the Bank’s objective of increasing brand awareness and providing marketing support that helps drive measurable results in increasing revenue, customer acquisition, growth and retention. This position will have a particular focus on assisting with digital advertising campaigns, social posting, email execution and SMART banner publishing. This individual will also work with our branches, sales managers, public relations consultant and community organizations to fully leverage Bank sponsorships and community activities in both physical and digital channels, and track results, collaborating with other Marketing team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Digital Marketing Manager on a variety of initiatives as requested.
- Recommend, develop and publish social campaigns and posts for Apple Bank in all social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn). Assist by providing regular inputs to the social engagement strategy. Track activity on Mention social media monitoring platform to identify trends and potential influencers and create reports for marketing team.
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager on the development and scheduling of email marketing campaigns. Develop metrics and create reports to track and monitor response rate and conversions.
- Work with Marketing team, digital agency and outside resources on video vignettes for the Bank’s website and social media.
- Research and identify local market opportunities for consideration, including event, digital and social opportunities, working with District Managers and individual branches and using competitive analysis.
- Assist Digital Marketing Manager in creating digital ads, trafficking, monitoring and tracking digital marketing and advertising campaigns, and working with Google Analytics.
- Serve as backup for Digital Marketing Manager with increasing knowledge of the website upgraded content management system, working with digital agency.
- Work on SMART advertising banners with Digital Marketing Manager and monitor and track results.
- Assist with compiling digital survey results on website and with Email marketing for marketing team review.
- Help to identify new digital marketing and advertising opportunities, such as in app marketing and out-of-home digital marketing.
- Work with Director of Marketing, Marketing team and public relations consultant to maximize Bank visibility in digital channels for sponsorships, community relations programs and media outreach, and monitor and track results.
- With other Marketing team members, assist with marketing and branding aspects of new, relocated or renovated branch grand openings, including arranging in-branch events and promotions, and providing digital promotion and onsite support.
- Contribute to client newsletter and Sales Department The Apple Source newsletter.
- Assist with Marketing presence on AppleNet and work with Customer Experience Manager on AppleNet enhancements to achieve an improved employee experience
- Help with setup and facilitation of internal and customer focus groups for market research purposes.
- Work closely with other Marketing team members and other Bank stakeholders on key initiatives as assigned and provide backup support as needed.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with special projects and unanticipated urgent projects, as needed, which may be beyond the scope of this job description.
Skills, Education & Experience
- BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, Interactive Communications, Journalism, Business Administration or related field.
- Experience in a corporate or agency setting in a marketing and communications role with exposure to digital and traditional channels, preferably in financial services.
- Knowledge of financial products preferred, or willingness to quickly acquire knowledge of financial products and services, including taking training classes.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills and be comfortable with public speaking, or willing to learn.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with myriad departments’ bank wide.
- Exhibit a passion to learn, grow and work hard and collaboratively with marketing team members to drive results.
- Must be experienced in working with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and well versed in social media.
- Must be willing to travel to any bank branch location or other marketplace location as needed.
- Must be willing to learn new programs as needed, including website content management and new digital and social tools
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.