Adare is a global specialty pharmaceutical company inspired to improve the lives of patients whose treatment needs are not fully addressed by current medications. We use our unique combination of experience, proprietary capabilities, and resources to create meaningful products for them.
Our entrepreneurial and performance driven culture encourages us to take risks, identify promising ideas, and see those opportunities through to completion. Our collaborative spirit and dedication to developing strong partnerships provide Adare and our partners with significant advantages in competitive markets.
Adare is a high-growth company with a long history of success from concept through commercialization. Our ability to create differentiated drugs guides the identification and development of the novel products in our pipeline and our acquisition strategy.
This is an entry level position at Adare Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Adare) and the skills learned during training will enable the new operator to perform essential job functions. The essential job function are to produce specified products by the mixing, blending, and combining of raw materials as specified by written procedures. This position is night shift working 12 hours shifts on a 2-2-3 schedule, for example working Monday and Tuesday off Wednesday and Thursday and working Friday, Saturday and Sunday then off Monday and Tuesday.
• Learning to disassemble, clean and reassemble production equipment to prepare for processing.
• Learning to conduct pre-processing staging to assure that required raw materials are
assembled, weighed, and meets specified consistency as outlined in written procedures.
• Learning to operate the process equipment to create product that meets predetermined
• Learning to monitor and record critical process parameters. Learning to make necessary
adjustments to assure finished product meets customer specifications.
• Learning to transfer processed materials through production equipment to include dryers, filtration systems, blenders, and sieving equipment.
• Learning to package finished product and transfer to warehouse.
• Learning to operate solvent recovery system to assure cyclohexane ingredient is of the
• Following all documentation procedures assuring that paperwork is in accordance with all company and regulatory standards.
• Keeping work area neat and orderly along with observing all safety procedures.
• Adhere to cGMP guidelines as well as the CFR.
• Uphold Company policies, including the Professional Conduct Policy and Prohibition Against Harassment Policy, and the Business Ethics and Conduct Code.
• Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public.
• Work effectively under production and sales deadlines.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or equivalency.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
• 1+ years experience in manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to read and understand written instructions.
• Proficient speaker of English language.
1. Physical Demands:
The employee is required to:
• stand, walk, push, pull, twist, reach overhead, and bend to the floor
• occasionally move items or equipment weighing up to 100 pounds
• occasionally required to climb ladders and/or steps to reach equipment
2. Visual Ability: Requires reading precision measuring equipment, machine dials, gauges, and thermometers; must be able to observe fine details utilizing a microscope.
3. Smelling Ability: Must have sense of smell to detect odors of unacceptable compounds and/or mixtures.
4. Manual Dexterity: Must have steady hands and good physical coordination in order to handle delicate laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
5. Hearing Ability: Must be able to hear alarms and detect machine sounds and malfunctioning equipment to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
6. Working Conditions:
The employee may be required to wear personal protective equipment during certain phases of the operation; the employee is subject to high noise levels from operating machinery; skin exposure to oils, vapors, and a variety of chemicals (required to wear gloves when working with hazardous materials); breathing exposure to dust, mists, and fumes.
Any employee whose position requires exposure to these conditions receives training in Hazardous Communication Standards and use of mandatory personnel protective equipment. Employee is required to wear such approved personal protective equipment whenever thus exposed.
Engineering controls are in place to minimize or eliminate exposure to these conditions wherever practical. Adare complies with all applicable OSHA, and EPA, standards for environmental safety and health.
SCOPE OF CONTACTS, DEGREE OF CONTROL, AND DEGREE OF INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Interfaces with R&D, manufacturing, maintenance, shipping/receiving, and quality control personnel.
• Receives direct supervision and works mainly with a trainer or higher level operator.
• Confidentiality required due to access to blueprints and written procedures regarding mixing and blending of raw materials.
Adare Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V