Perform various types of welding, brazing and cutting using traditional and advanced processes on a variety of metals such as carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum and copper. Follow blueprints and welding procedures to fabricate Industrial equipment.
Are you ready to join a world class team? Wagstaff, Inc. is the place you want to come and build your career! We are a family owned, progressive, international manufacturing company and the world leader of aluminum casting technology. We believe that our employees are our greatest resource, and support them with exceptional benefits, competitive wages, and exciting growth opportunities. We offer a comprehensive wellness program, which includes a 1200 square foot onsite gym! Come and join Wagstaff to become part of our team and family.
This position is currently posted in order to build a pool of candidates for when we have an open opportunity. The application you submit will be considered for any opportunities that become available through December 31, 2019.
Perform various types of welding, brazing and cutting using traditional and advanced processes on a variety of metals such as carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum and copper. Welders follow blueprints and welding procedures to fabricate Industrial equipment while working under the instruction of production personnel.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Receive instructions, prints, and work orders for the job
• Plan details of working procedure, tools and material requirements
• Assist with fabrication of equipment by cutting, burning, and welding various metals Repair equipment by using appropriate welding techniques and welding equipment
• Adhere to design specifications and related welding procedure specification documents
• Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assemble, and tack weld parts
• Use calibrated precision measuring instruments to make sure the work meets specification. Record dimensions on Quality Assurance Forms (QAF)
• Participate in design reviews
• Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly
• Abide by company policies
• In order to achieve business objectives, work weeks in excess of 40 hours may be required
• Willingness and ability to cross-train
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED
• Minimum of two (2) years welding experience required, or accredited trade or vocational school welding certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, machinery and equipment, and vibration. The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. While performing some job duties, there is a risk of electrical shock and other risks associated with a manufacturing environment. Job duties may require work in high, precarious places, work in outside weather conditions, and exposure to extreme temperatures in some cases. The noise level in the working environment is often loud. Because of this environment and associated risks, use of job appropriate personal protective equipment and clothing is required.
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical and mental requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key: Constant -71%+, Frequent-31-70%, Occasional- 11-30%, Seldom, 0-10%
Lift 10 lbs. or less Constant
Lift 10-25 lbs. Frequent
Lift 26-50 lbs. Frequent
Interpreting Data Constant
Lift 51-100 lbs. Occasional
Lift 101+ lbs. Seldom
Carry 10 lbs. or less Constant
Carry 10-25 lbs. Frequent
Problem Solving Frequent
Carry 26-50 lbs. Frequent
Attention to Detail Constant
Carry 51-100 lbs. Occasional
Carry 101+ lbs. Seldom
Push/Pull, Slide/Transfer 10 lbs. or less Frequent
Push/Pull, Slide/Transfer 10-25 lbs. Frequent
Push/Pull, Slide/Transfer 26-50 lbs. Frequent
Push/Pull, Slide/Transfer 51-100 lbs. Frequent
Push/Pull, Slide/Transfer 101+ lbs. Occasional
Reach/Manual Dexterity Constant
Wagstaff, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation for purposes of participating in the application/hiring process with Wagstaff, Inc. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the wagstaff.com careers as a result of your disability, you can request reasonable accommodations by calling Spokane, WA Jobs (509) 922-1404 ext. 3911 or Hebron, KY Jobs (859) 689-6261. Thanks for your interest in Wagstaff, Inc.