Tighe & Bond, a progressive and client-focused civil and environmental engineering firm, is seeking a Senior Wetland Scientist to join our Wetlands and Ecological Services Group in our growing Portsmouth, NH office. The position involves a mix of field work, mentoring, report preparation, permit application preparation, business development and client contact. The position includes considerable contact and interaction with clients, potential clients, owners and regulators. Some multi-day travel may be required for field work.
Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- wetland delineation
- functional analysis
- freshwater and coastal wetland permitting at the local, state and federal level
- report writing
- wetland restoration and mitigation design
- construction observation
- environmental compliance monitoring and
- proposal writing/business development
Requirements for this position include:
- B.S. degree or equivalent (M.S. preferred) in a natural sciences field (Environmental Science, Biology, Soil Science, Ecology or a related field), with coursework in biology, hydrology, botany and soils
- NH Certified Wetland Scientist (CWS)
- demonstrated ability in field data collection and analysis, and technical writing skills
- applied knowledge of New Hampshire and Federal wetland regulatory programs, both inland and coastal wetland permitting, and experience presenting projects to municipal boards
- prior consulting and client management experience are required.
- certifications such as a NH Certified Soil Scientist, Professional Wetland Scientist, Certified Wildlife Biologist, or Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) preferred
Ideal candidates will have a strong attention to detail, be enthusiastic, have a willingness to take on responsibility, and possess good interpersonal skills. Previous work experience/internships that show self-motivation and ability to work both independently and as a collaborative member of a team will be viewed as beneficial. Strong ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally is also an absolute requirement.
Tighe & Bond is a top ranked, employee owned environmental engineering and consulting firm serving state and local governments, as well as private sector clients in the education, energy, healthcare, industrial, real estate, and water resource markets. At Tighe & Bond we work on diverse and rewarding projects all over the Northeast region. We are headquartered in western Massachusetts, with offices in central and eastern Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire and New York. Our professional team of engineers, scientists, planners and other professionals provides creative solutions for critical challenges that impact water resources, wetlands, the environment, climate change, and sustainability. Recognized by ZweigWhite as one of the best engineering firms to work for, Tighe & Bond offers employees a generous benefit and compensation package, an inviting “medium company” culture, and the opportunity to develop a rewarding career that can have an impact on the environmental development of the Northeast region.
In addition to providing challenging assignments, individual career growth and excellent salaries to all of our employees, Tighe & Bond offers our staff a number of additional benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, profit sharing, an ESOP, 401(k) plan, PTO program, internal training and professional development, and a tuition reimbursement program.
Tighe & Bond, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – M/F/Vet/Disabled