POWER PRODUCTION ENGINEER
Location: Merom Generating Station, near Sullivan, Indiana
PAY GRADE: M-7, M-8
Responsible for engineering and project services. Oversees station performance services, maintenance analytical services, and equipment ownership/subject matter expert responsibilities. Performs as a temporary craftworker leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Integrates long term work effort with Capital Asset Management, Outage Management and Plant Management personnel to accomplish best practice initiatives of the corporation.
- Identifies needed projects and studies related to assigned equipment. Assists with implementation of projects and studies. Provides engineering services in order to attain strategic goals. Specifies, procures, and oversees contracted services for outages and projects. Provides schedules and detailed work plans for projects.
- Gathers data and reports information on equipment, unit and station performance. Performs testing and analyzes results to monitor equipment and station performance. Recommends changes that will lead to improvements in station key performance indicators. Functions as subject matter expert and Equipment owner for assigned station equipment.
- Performs failure analysis for equipment within responsibility area. Consults with engineers, OEM’s, site and off-site equipment users to determine equipment characteristics. Provides predictive maintenance services within responsibility area.
- Develops short and long term plans for maintenance, repair, replacement and/or improvement of assigned equipment, systems and processes. Documents issues and actions taken; maintains records, drawings and manuals associated with assigned equipment.
- Performs as a temporary leader of Craftworkers. Ensures that work is completed in accordance with Work Practice Procedures on Work Assignment, Execution, and Completion and Daily Scheduling. Provides input on craftworker annual performance appraisals and quarterly developmental review meetings. Analyzes and resolves work problems of assigned Craftworkers that arise during the temporary assignment. Conducts weekly safety and information meetings with assigned Craftworkers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Professional certification (PE, PMP) preferred
- 5 years’ engineering experience in an industrial setting
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying scopes and timelines
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude
- Ability to exercise flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills to identify, anticipate and resolve problems at hand
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran