As a global leader in licensed sports merchandise, Fanatics is changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys across retail channels through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today’s on-demand culture. Powering multi-channel commerce for the world’s biggest sports brands, Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise, whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world’s biggest sporting events. In addition, the company’s capabilities include an in-house merchandise division, Fanatics Branded, that is a leading licensee of the major professional sports leagues, helping fans express passion through jerseys and a broad range of other apparel styles and designs, created under both the Fanatics and Majestic brands. More about Fanatics can be found at www.fanaticsinc.com.
Fanatics is seeking an experienced lawyer to assume the role of Associate General Counsel. Reporting to the Company’s General Counsel, this role will be based in the Company’s Tampa, Florida offices and serve as the primary legal contact with respect to the Company’s Fanatics Branded operations. Competitive compensation package offered. Local candidates strongly preferred, though relocation would be considered for the right candidate.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Primarily supporting the Fanatics Branded business operations, while also handling Company-wide and/or discrete projects involving other business areas;
- Counseling business teams with respect to day-to-day matters as well as key strategic initiatives;
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts;
- Working closely with business teams to establish and implement policies, procedures and related documentation and training; and
- Partnering closely with internal and external stakeholders.
Required Skills and Abilities: The right candidate for this role will:
- Be a self-starter with strong work ethic that is capable of taking ownership of projects/matters;
- Possess a strong desire to assume a wide variety of responsibilities, be flexible and grow with the Company;
- Be able to prioritize and balance competing objectives while providing high-quality work product in a timely manner to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Be able to engage in complex negotiations and complete projects without significant assistance or oversight;
- Have strong business acumen and savvy, good common sense and sound judgment, particularly in time sensitive, critical situations;
- Be confident, and capable of instilling confidence in dealing with internal and external business and legal counterparts;
- Work well both independently and as a team player;
- Be able to effectively communicate with legal and non-legal counterparts within the Company at all levels and externally with partners, outside counsel, consultants, etc.;
- Be creative thinker who can initiate and develop alternative approaches to complex issues; and
- Possess a strong sense of integrity.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school and licensed to practice in at least one of the United States;
- 7+ years of experience working on a wide-range of commercial transactions;
- In house experience preferred;
- Experience with retail, manufacturing and/or supply chain matters preferred;