To provide effective technical leadership to promote a safe and healthful atmosphere within the workplace and to comply with all federal, state and local environmental and safety regulations.
- Evaluates hazards and addresses within the facility for safety, health and environmental risks.
- Develops health and safety procedures and programs for all departments and monitors safety compliance to reduce risks.
- Maintains contingency plans, including fire prevention, and procedures for controlling hazardous spills in accordance with government regulation and insurance company requirements.
- Develops inspection policies and establishes regular inspection schedules.
- Maintains EPA records of hazardous waste, air emission permitting, and water pollution discharge, as well as industrial health monitoring and records of employee hazard exposure according to OSHA guidelines.
- Monitors professional literature and attends seminars to stay current with governmental compliance requirements.
- Works closely with in-house medical staff.
- Works closely with EHS team of safety coordinators, lead technician and specialist.
- Bachelor’s Degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science, or related subject.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in EHS.
- Experience working with a team.
- Significant experience with Title V of the Clean Air Act.
- Significant experience with RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act).
- Ability to work effectively with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
- Basic computer skills with both Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Ability to drive and inspect both outdoor and indoor areas to observe compliance with established programs.
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred, or ability to obtain CSP credentials.
- Previous EHS experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous leadership, coaching, or mentoring experience.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.