Product Sales Support:
- Liaison between Blue Bird Corporation and its dealers in a specified geographic region.
- Set sales targets and Gross Margin targets for dealers and monitor performance metrics.
- Assist dealers in the development of a business plan designed to achieve or exceed the annual target levels.
- Develop and provide training for dealers and their personnel; Training to be provided through seminars, plant visits and locally at the dealer and dealer customers.
- Visit each dealer at least twice a year with most dealers being visited quarterly. Address dealer issues and concerns as required and/or develop action plans to resolve issues and concerns through assignment to other Blue Bird team members.
- Promote products and dealers by conducting customer visits, normally in conjunction and coordination with the local dealer.
- Promote product and dealers by attending regional and state trade shows; national show attendance as required.
- Develop and maintain healthy, professional and productive relationship with dealer personnel.
- Communicate & share lessons learned to improve dealer performance to benchmark standards.
- Provide pricing assistance to dealers as necessary to meet competitive situations while maintaining required gross margins.
- Ability to handle diverse assignments simultaneously; work within deadline driven environment; Willing to work flexible hours often in excess of 40 hours/week.
- RSM to communicate and coordinate with the Sales Staff & CSR on dealer initiatives to maximize the effectiveness of Bus sales efforts.
- RSM will regularly communicate with the Field Service and Parts Representative(s) to ensure prompt resolution of service issues maximizing customer service support and satisfaction levels.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience selling through a dealer network.
- Thorough knowledge of Blue Bird business segments, products and systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills are required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Maintain and foster positive interactions with co-workers and dealers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power-Point, Outlook; Additionally, ability to become proficient in company systems including Infor ERP Ln, ECQ, Parts 123 as well as other programs as needed.
Education and/or Training
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Extensive experience working in a dealership/dealer-based company environment desired.
- Technical Sales experience desired.
- Office work.
- Extensive travel required (70% or more)
- Meetings and overnight travel with stays in hotels.
- Associate must live within a state in the defined region -- WEST
- Ability to meet or exceed all assigned sales targets and profit margin targets.
- Ability to deliver high quality and accurate work on a timely basis.
- Develop and nurture strong business relationships with dealers and their personnel.
- Ability to influence dealer personnel to make changes aligned with benchmark performance standards.
- Possess an ability to work effectively as part of small team; Participation in group meetings and contributing during discussion required.
- Possess a willingness to work the hours required to complete the work assigned.
- Manage expenses within established budgets and limitations.